Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 12:04 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,568,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
I was on 95 yesterday headed back towards Center City from the Northeast (I wasn't driving) and I was admiring this building. From afar it looks much taller than 27 floors. I guess the rise in altitude from CC to the Temple campus gives that building a leg up.
You can tack on an extra two or three floors for the mechanical levels as well. I don't know if they're included in the regular floor count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 07:22 PM

8,701 posts, read 14,706,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
I was on 95 yesterday headed back towards Center City from the Northeast (I wasn't driving) and I was admiring this building. From afar it looks much taller than 27 floors. I guess the rise in altitude from CC to the Temple campus gives that building a leg up.
Yes it does look massive. I was actually just standing in front of it admiring it today haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Pontmercy View Post
You can tack on an extra two or three floors for the mechanical levels as well. I don't know if they're included in the regular floor count.
It is 27 floors total, including everything. 312 feet.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,951,203 times

Cira South Chestnut (right) and Walnut are the two parts of the next phase of Brandywine Realty Trust's

Looking from the west, Cira South

From the east, the Cira South project would add two

Site plan for Cira Centre area

Cira Centre to get little brother in 1st phase of 2-part expansion | Philadelphia Real Estate Blog

Old 07-30-2012, 08:17 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,568,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Cira South Chestnut (right) and Walnut are the two parts of the next phase of Brandywine Realty Trust's

Looking from the west, Cira South

From the east, the Cira South project would add two

Site plan for Cira Centre area

Cira Centre to get little brother in 1st phase of 2-part expansion | Philadelphia Real Estate Blog
How's the funding situation coming for this project? Have they secured an anchor tenant yet?

Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 AM

14,194 posts, read 9,089,745 times
No official word as of yet, Marius. As our correspondent reported, Brandywine isn't releasing any information to the media until they're ready to break ground. But the fact that they're actively selling this to both investors and potential tenants suggests they must either have one lined up or are on the verge of signing one. We will keep you posted as we learn more.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,951,203 times
Homewood Suites marks grand opening in West Phila.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 AM

7,529 posts, read 10,266,897 times
Default Improving the Parkway

Interesting article on improving the Parkway: Looking for ways to make the Parkway more inviting to all

Since the opening of the Barnes, the re-opening of the Rodin, the completion of sidewalk work and the painting of the bike lanes, the Parkway looks fantastic. My main beef with the boulevard is all the lanes of traffic. From what I see, the area really doesn't need the outer lanes and could turn those into green space, maintaining only the core inner lanes. I also agree with the observation that there is a much better use of Eakins Circle than a surface lot.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:11 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,655,636 times
^^Yes, I thought one of the plusses of the museum building that new underground lot was supposed to be that parking could be removed from Eakins Oval. Maybe someday...

Old 08-03-2012, 09:24 AM

2,940 posts, read 4,130,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I love that this new development continues to push west.

Along Baltimore Ave. the regeneration is pushing past 50th St. but the further north you go from there the further east you have to go to find the edge of redevelopment. Chestnut St. is still pretty divey looking just a few blocks past 40th St.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,020,976 times
Phila.'s aerial act a good sign

Hopefully there will be another tower crane soon, talk of a skyscraper going up next to the blue cross building. Good news this morning.

http://nakedphilly.com/logan-square/...market-street/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia