Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 12:41 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,585,480 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who is flying in to Philly from Charlotte. Another friend is picking her up at the airport. I want to take the train to the airport and meet them there. My question is when I get off the train, do I just walk through baggage claim and out of the airport. Will I have to go through security?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 12:50 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
the train stops at the terminals - it's on the public side of baggage claim & security (going to the airport you'll need to exit the train, check in, clear security, etc ..... coming from you'll need to clear the terminals/secure zone, grab your bag if applicable and get to the train)

figure out where you are going to meet your friend - stop at the appropriate terminal and then you'll probably need to leave the train platform back into the airport and to the meeting up point which should be outside the secure gate area

Old 04-19-2011, 12:53 PM

I'm sorry, I meant to start a new thread. But, thanks for the answer Finger Laker (I have taken the train several times, but always when I was actually going to fly somewhere LOL). But are you saying that even if I am just getting off the train and walking outside to a car, I will have to go through security?

Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM

3,391 posts, read 8,775,958 times
Unless it has changed recently you are not allowed past security without a boarding pass. You must meet your party at baggage claim. Go to the website and see what gate the plane is supposed to arrive at so you will know which terminal and baggage claim to wait in or they have screens all over in the airport except you want to know which train stop to get off at inside the airport.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:09 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarlig View Post
I'm sorry, I meant to start a new thread. But, thanks for the answer Finger Laker (I have taken the train several times, but always when I was actually going to fly somewhere LOL). But are you saying that even if I am just getting off the train and walking outside to a car, I will have to go through security?
nope - exactly the opposite

the train is located outside the secure area - if it was inside the secure area you would have to clear TSA before getting off the train going to the airport or clear TSA after getting your bags ..... wouldn't make much sense

the SEPTA R1 train will have independent stops for terminal A and terminal B - there is a shared stop for terminals C&D and a shared stop for terminals E&F

probably the easiest thing to do is meet at baggage claim at the terminal your friend is arriving as bryson noted

you'd get off the train - go up from the train platform into the airport - follow the signs to baggage claim ..... walk in reverse if you are taking the train back after meeting them

all of this is done outside of the gates which are secured by TSA

think of it as a wall

gates where you board your plane {TSA Security} baggage claim, check in/ticketing, ground trasportation including train

Old 04-19-2011, 03:32 PM

Thanks - that's what I thought.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:39 PM

8,983 posts, read 21,156,915 times
Tsk tsk, newmarlig.

I moved these posts into its own thread so as not to confuse anyone looking at the original thread.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:16 AM

I'm so sorry Tone. It was an accident. I didn't mean to do it. Will you please let me stay?

Old 05-27-2011, 11:04 PM

148 posts, read 411,591 times
It's super easy to take the Regional Rail to the airport. You won't have to go through security. When you get off of the train, in one direction are the terminals and in the other directions are the baggage claims.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:03 PM

518 posts, read 1,052,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChelle View Post
It's super easy to take the Regional Rail to the airport. You won't have to go through security. When you get off of the train, in one direction are the terminals and in the other directions are the baggage claims.
Agreed. Just pick a terminal A, B C D F and meet there. Hard to miss each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia