Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,851,180 times

Advertisements

Normally, I enter my name/password and boom..there's my account.

Today, it brings up a *splash page* with "You can join the Chase Credit protection plan!"

The Payment Protector Plan can help if you:

• Lose your job or take a Leave of Absence
• Become disabled or hospitalized
• Get married, have a baby or adopt a child, retire, divorce, change primary residence and more
• Are called to Military Reserve or Guard Duty
• Experience a Business Hardship

Once you activate the Plan's benefits, your credit card payments are suspended. That means:

• No monthly Account payments
• No interest charges
• No late fees
• No Plan fees
You'll have the financial flexibility to get back on your feet.

Since I owe 14 bucks on a 10,000 limit...I think they're just doing it for everyone. That's interesting, though.

Never seen it before.

Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 01:50 AM

11,557 posts, read 53,251,890 times
And you'd be surprised at how many people sign up for these promotions ....

Old 06-26-2008, 03:23 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,161,706 times
Citibank offers this, they call me about it every few months. Its really annoying. I always pay the card in full...

There new thing is "extracash". You get 10% of what you spend in cash....err...except its not real cash. Its put in an account and you can use it to receive discounts for junk on their website.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:09 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,177,974 times
It is an envelope stuffer via the internet. Some executive figures out a way to make a few more pennys and fire off a promotion that some people will bite on. They get a kick back from the insurance company that is supposed to honor the contract.
If a person owes big bucks and only makes miminum payments then most all the payment goes to interest and the insurance and less against the principle.
This way they can keep the balance from getting paid down and get more interest money from you for years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance