Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 07:18 PM

577 posts, read 299,783 times

Advertisements

Yes it’s a real check I have the company helping us ger her visa follow my instructions at bank and she thought I meant a bank check not bring a blank check book. I wanted to leave the money in China in case we needed it unexpectedly which we do now to show at the airport to board the plane. My bank here would accept a deposit of s check on her bak account but with delayed availability of funds as it takes about 2 weeks to get the funds from the China bank.

Once the saga is concluded I will update on how it went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2023, 04:41 AM

3,217 posts, read 1,601,675 times
Are you saying the airline is checking her finances at the airport?

Fake bank drafts / cashiers checks are used everyday in scams, you won’t know if it is a real check until it bounces or clears weeks later.

Edit: I guess it is possible to be asked to show funds on departure…

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020...n-immigration/

Last edited by Ken_N; 08-27-2023 at 05:06 AM..

Old 08-27-2023, 05:27 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw222 View Post
Correct she has a valid 2 yr tourist visa. We had funds in her bank account so the embassy could check wncd condfirm she had enough to support her visa allowed travels, $14k was amount required in bank account. But company we hired said funds can be sent back to you after visa issued. They were wrong she was denied flight as she did not have 6 to 7k cash nor in her bank account as funds were used to,purchase the bank check in my name, meaning only accessible to me but I’m here and the check is there.
You are being taken for a ride.
Stop sending her money and listen to the nonsense excuses.

You won’t see any of the money you have already sent - unless they perpetuate additional scam - watch the video up-thread:the US woman is facing jail time for helping (unwittingly) to cover the tracks of stolen from someone else’s money by receiving a check and re-sending it to another person

Old 08-27-2023, 07:19 AM

24,476 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Correct she has a valid 2 yr tourist visa. We had funds in her bank account so the embassy could check wncd condfirm she had enough to support her visa allowed travels, $14k was amount required in bank account. But company we hired said funds can be sent back to you after visa issued. They were wrong she was denied flight as she did not have 6 to 7k cash nor in her bank account as funds were used to,purchase the bank check in my name, meaning only accessible to me but I’m here and the check is there.
Please get your facts straight.

*Who determined the need of 14k liquid funds?
*Who came up with fraudulently moving funds into an account for the visa process to remove them after issuance of visa?
*You posted that her Covid shots were not up to date so she was not allowed to board. Who does not go on line to check on things prior to a flight out of China?
*Who checks available funds at the airport at boarding?
*Do you still have an account in Hongkong? Can she deposit the check?

This visa company sounds not very proficient nor professional. Run do not walk!
Visa was issued. The Embassy is done with her unless something bubbles up to USCIS's attention.

She has a visa. Not trying to pry into your business but what is your relationship?

Old 08-27-2023, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
Are you saying the airline is checking her finances at the airport?

Fake bank drafts / cashiers checks are used everyday in scams, you won’t know if it is a real check until it bounces or clears weeks later.

Edit: I guess it is possible to be asked to show funds on departure…

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020...n-immigration/
She was asked to show funds either cash or with band account statement or credit card. It happened it’s not just possible

Old 08-27-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
Please get your facts straight.

*Who determined the need of 14k liquid funds?
*Who came up with fraudulently moving funds into an account for the visa process to remove them after issuance of visa?
*You posted that her Covid shots were not up to date so she was not allowed to board. Who does not go on line to check on things prior to a flight out of China?
*Who checks available funds at the airport at boarding?
*Do you still have an account in Hongkong? Can she deposit the check?

This visa company sounds not very proficient nor professional. Run do not walk!
Visa was issued. The Embassy is done with her unless something bubbles up to USCIS's attention.

She has a visa. Not trying to pry into your business but what is your relationship?
Pay attention is a band check payable only to me si she can not deposit it. Onlt she has an account in Hong Kong I do not. We hired a company to help her get the visa and to book themflight. They tell us they did not know proof of no Covid r9 hrs before flight was needed again now and they advised us embassy in bejeing defined the anoint needed in her bank account and that as soon as embassy verified funds were there the funds coukdnbebsentnbackmto me.

Old 08-27-2023, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
You are being taken for a ride.
Stop sending her money and listen to the nonsense excuses.

You won’t see any of the money you have already sent - unless they perpetuate additional scam - watch the video up-thread:the US woman is facing jail time for helping (unwittingly) to cover the tracks of stolen from someone else’s money by receiving a check and re-sending it to another person
I will see it and report back here when I do which is likely. Next weekend with timing of things.

Old 08-27-2023, 09:35 AM

I,post this to get answers and got none.

I will post the conclusion for the silent majority not the prepares who believe the world is ending tomorrow but to help the silent majority.

Note mentioned above ups said they can not ship checks internationally I suspect the others are the same for the same reason.

So I am preparing the documents to declare the funds upon arrival in USA to clear customs and immigration. That’s the approach I selected without other options. The documents are more detailed and confiluted than she and most could follow.

Old 08-27-2023, 09:57 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
Quote:
I,post this to get answers and got none.

I will post the conclusion for the silent majority not the prepares who believe the world is ending tomorrow but to help the silent majority.

Note mentioned above ups said they can not ship checks internationally I suspect the others are the same for the same reason.

So I am preparing the documents to declare the funds upon arrival in USA to clear customs and immigration. That’s the approach I selected without other options. The documents are more detailed and confiluted than she and most could follow.

You can of course mail checks. I have both sent & received checks in the mail, from overseas. If they are in a plain envelope, of course they can be mailed.

Old 08-27-2023, 10:12 AM

Yes I prefer to not obfuscate and conceal especially in China where rampant corruption exists. But thanks

We can hide it on her person too and not render nor disclose it but prefer not to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Personal Finance