Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Zyo Zyo started this thread

2 posts, read 10,675 times

Advertisements

Hello People,

my Name is Marvin Petty im 25 and live in germany.Im born abroad in germany,because my dad served the army.We moved to states and lived there for about 1 year.After my parents got divorced(i was 2 years)we went back to germany.Since then we didn´t have no cantact to him again.One morning i woke up and new i have to try to get in contact with him.Well i try´ed almost everything thats possible (i even created a Family Tree,with the couple of informations i had on american websites)but the only way i can find some out is with payment which is not possible because i dont have a credit card.and most of the sites only take credit card.i hope i can find some help here because im running out of idas.These are the informations i can post here,if more is needed please contact me i will try to help as much as i can

Info: my Dad´s name is Wade Petty,born in July/29/1959 in Boiling Springs NC,Royster Memorial Hospital His Dad´s Name is Sam Petty and his mother´s Name is Margaret Katherine Petty.I know my dad has 6 more brother´s and sister´s.The only informations i was able to get(Web)is that they currently live in Shelby North Carolina.I dont have an social security number of my dad which would make things more easy.The certificate of birth is all i know of my dad .if someone could help me to find out at least where he lives i would almost do everything for it.

Thak you so much<3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 07:23 AM

9 posts, read 27,518 times
Here are two obituaries I found. One is your aunt and the other one is your grandfathers. Both list your father as residing in Boiling Springs, NC at the time (2005 and 2007).
You may want to contact the church in your grandfathers obituary. Their website is here: Green Bethel Baptist Church - http://www.firstbaptistbg.org/
They might still have contact information for your family. You can also do a search for the names of family members listed in the obituaries
Your English seems to be very good, but let me know if you need help (I’m German J) contacting them.

Shelby– Margaret Eartha Petty, 53, of 1713 Wendover Drive, died Sunday, Aug. 7, 2005, at her residence.
Daughter of the Rev. Samuel Petty and Margaret Catherine McSwain Petty of Boiling Springs, N.C., she was a 1969 graduate of Crest High School and attended Kings College for two years. She was employed by Cone Mills for 32 years and was a member of Green Bethel Baptist Church.
Surviving in addition to her parents are her son, Sgt. Ash-ley Eugene Petty of Iraq; a daughter, Tesia Mashelle Petty Smith of Shelby, a brother, Wade Petty of Boiling Springs, N.C.; four sisters, Mary Petty of Kingtown, N.C., Janade Payton of Houston, Texas, Shirley Petty and Linda Petty of Boiling Springs, N.C.; five grandchildren
Arrangements are incom-plete. Foster Funeral Home is in charge.
http://www.gaffneyledger.com/news/2005/0808/Obits/

Here is another link that shows his age as being 50 yrs old and shows relatives:
Linda J Petty
Shelby, NC
Wiyle Dequan Petty
Cliffside, NC
http://www.lookupanyone.com/namelist...petty-177.html

Feb. 2, 1925-June 16, 2007
SHELBY — On Saturday, June 16, 2007, at his home, the Rev. Samuel Petty of 2500 Vick Wilson Road, was called to heaven to be with the Lord. [SIZE=3]The Rev. Petty was born on Feb. 2, 1925, the second oldest child of the late Wiyle and Pearl Petty.

He was reared in Cleveland County and lived an exemplary Christian life. He was a Navy veteran of World War II and worked many years for Cones Mill Corp. During his life, he accepted God’s calling and became an ordained minister, serving many years as an associate minister for Green Bethel Baptist Church. He retired as a state employee from Cleveland County Schools. Upon his retirement, he worked as a volunteer for Meals on Wheels and also as a gatekeeper for Cleveland Memorial Park Cemetery.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two children, Wiyle Petty and Margret Eartha Petty; and one sister, Luzanna Surratt.
Left to cherish beautiful and loving memories are his wife of 57 years, Mrs. Margaret Catherine Petty; his six children, Mary Henry of New York, Shirley Morris of Boiling Springs, Mary Petty of Kingstown and Linda Petty, Janade Payton and Wade Petty, all of Boiling Springs; 17 grandchildren, Johnny Morris, Sgt. Ashley Petty (Lawanna), Trenia Mintz (Tracy), Tesia Smith (the Rev. Johnny Michael), Keith Rhodes, Marcus Petty, Kim McCaskill (Chris), Wiyle Petty, Christopher Petty, Misha Rhodes, Sgt. Alvin Lee Rhodes, Orrin Petty, Bishop Al. T. Henry, Pastor Luther T. Henry II, Evangelist Camille Henry, Evangelist Faith Smith and Minister Arthur Henry; 23 great-grandchildren, Jamelle McDowell, Bryant Petty, Preston Smith, Makala Petty, Carlecia Dawkins, Kadaja Petty, Martellis Petty, Martavis Petty, Maryonna Petty, Damion Morris, Damajae Rhodes, Krissie Rhodes, Alexis Rhodes, Triston Rhodes, Rodney Henderson, Tyjay Rhodes, Al Henry Jr., Alecia Henry, Alea Henry, Arteshia Henry, Lamia Henry, Arthur Henry Jr. and Jordan Smith; two brothers, Beattie Petty and Joe Petty; five sisters, Linda Surancy, Mary Wise, Pearl Petty Carie McKinney and Fannie Huskey; and many other relatives and dear friends.
The family would like to extend a special thanks to Dr. Bobby Jones, Dr. Gosset, Cleveland Pines, Palliative Hospice Team and the many friends in the community for all the loving kindness shown.Visitation: The family will receive friends Wednesday from 2:30 to 3 p.m. at Green Bethel Baptist Church.

Funeral: Wednesday at 3 p.m. at Green Bethel Baptist Church
Burial: Cleveland Memorial Park
Officiated by: The Rev. Wade Wallace
Funeral home: Enloe Mortuary
http://www.shelbystar.com/common/printer/view.php?db=shelby&id=22650 (broken link)
whitepages: (this might be for your father or a relative of yours)
W J Petty
929 College Ave
Shelby, NC 28152-9515

(704) 487-9008
The following is current information from (owner land records for Shelby)for W.J. and Tesia (mentioned above):
929 COLLEGE AVE
Parcel Owner: PETTY W JAMIE 929 COLLEGE AVE SHELBY NC 28152
SMITH JOHNNY MICHAEL PETTY TESIA M 301 ROSS GROVE RD SHELBY NC 28151-1681

Last edited by mascli; 01-26-2009 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 01-26-2009, 08:31 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,859,032 times
Here is a possible address and phone number for a Wade Petty:

W J Petty
home
929 College Ave
Shelby, NC 28152-9515

(704) 487-9008

Here is Tesia Petty'S info.

Tesia M Petty
home
1713 Windover Rd
Kingstown, NC

Good Luck and I hope you find your father.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Zyo Zyo started this thread

2 posts, read 10,675 times
omg guys this is amazing i have to get in contact right now.but ill be back soon 2 thank u guys ^^.i just have 2 check it out right know(thx so much you both)

Old 07-15-2009, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,070 times
Zyo, I don't know how often you come on this site. But I'm from Shelby, NC and I know the Pettys. Have you found your dad yet?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 4,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyo View Post
Hello People,

my Name is Marvin Petty im 25 and live in germany.Im born abroad in germany,because my dad served the army.We moved to states and lived there for about 1 year.After my parents got divorced(i was 2 years)we went back to germany.Since then we didn´t have no cantact to him again.One morning i woke up and new i have to try to get in contact with him.Well i try´ed almost everything thats possible (i even created a Family Tree,with the couple of informations i had on american websites)but the only way i can find some out is with payment which is not possible because i dont have a credit card.and most of the sites only take credit card.i hope i can find some help here because im running out of idas.These are the informations i can post here,if more is needed please contact me i will try to help as much as i can

Info: my Dad´s name is Wade Petty,born in July/29/1959 in Boiling Springs NC,Royster Memorial Hospital His Dad´s Name is Sam Petty and his mother´s Name is Margaret Katherine Petty.I know my dad has 6 more brother´s and sister´s.The only informations i was able to get(Web)is that they currently live in Shelby North Carolina.I dont have an social security number of my dad which would make things more easy.The certificate of birth is all i know of my dad .if someone could help me to find out at least where he lives i would almost do everything for it.

Thak you so much<3
Hey who are you and how do you know Wade Petty? I need some more information. This is his nephew. Hit me at keithdogshelby@yahoo.com I need some pictures, some additional information.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 4,634 times
im the wiyle dequan petty babys mother and i hope my son dont have to do this too when he grow cause now his dad dont want to know about him but well i hope in god that he think better and he back first

Old 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 6,473 times
i am the mom of marvin petty please help us to find his dad in am Marion k. the mom from Marvin AND I WAS MARRIED TO Wade Petty born 29.7.59 his fathers name was sam petty mother kathrin mac swan their race black colered we were living in Mainz Germany 1982 so my ex husband is now 54 years old he had a twin sister so i hope for help my e mail adress is marionkrause2011@hormail.com

Old 10-31-2012, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 6,473 times
Hey who are you and how do you know Wade Petty? I need some more information. This is his nephew. Hit me at keithdogshelby@yahoo.com I need some pictures, some additional information.

i am marionkrause the ex wife of wade petty an us soldier sttioned in germany as an MP so no need to presure Marvin if anything strart to help us please

Old 03-10-2015, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 2,312 times
I know Mr. Wade Petty I use to see him daily before I moved but he is still around my family everyday. I sent an email to both above addresses if you are still looking for him. (tierraa91@gmail.com)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search