Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2006, 12:31 PM

4 posts, read 12,037 times

Advertisements

[CENTER]
"NEVER BUY AN ANIMAL FROM A PET STORE... PLEASE LET ME TELL YOU WHY?"
[/CENTER]

The pet stores, all pet stores, mainly receive ALL their animals, i.e., dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, etc... from a horrible animal mill; like puppy, rabbit and bird mills! These mills DO NOT care about any of their animals, they only care about and think about money... that almighty $$! They never care if the animals are sick, dying, injured, starving, thirsty... they just breed them over & over & over, until the poor animal just can't do it anymore OR until that animal falls over dead! And that is if they don't kill it themselves, to make the room for another! These mills are just totally cruel, uncaring, & horrible places! Dirty, cruel and horrible!

Instead, please visit your local Rescue Shelter or local Animal Shelter and adopt a pet.
OR, do research & choose a good, decent & caring breeder to purchase from.
Regardless of what any pet store may try and tell you it's a PROVEN FACT that around 98%, probably more, purchase ALL animals, of ALL kinds, from a mill! This also goes for the animal middle-men. Brokers, whether a single person or huge company, get their animals directly from these mills. They then sell the animals to pet stores, whether they are sick, healthy, inbred, etc... You could end up with a pet that will die in three dies or less! It happens ALL THE TIME! Their health guarantees are worthless!

For every animal that someone buys from a pet store, it leaves an opening. This opening will just be filled by the mills or broker, to replace the one you purchased. If an animal dies in the store... they do the same. It is literally an endless, cruel, horrible cycle!!

[CENTER]LET'S STOP THE CYCLE!
If you don't buy ... they can't supply!
(Or, re-supply... whichever the case may be!)

The State of Missouri is very NOTORIOUS for puppy mills.... [/CENTER]
along with several other states, such as Pennsylvania, as just one example! NO ONE truly regulates all of these horrible places, so, the mills and brokers just continue to get away with all the horrible cruelty! We need better laws! We need more specific, detailed laws where puppy mills, animal cruelty, and animal sales are concerned!

[CENTER]We need STRONGER LAWS... We need HARSHER PENALTIES & FINES... We need the people assigned to regulate these laws to DO THEIR JOBS! And we need the laws in EVERY SINGLE STATE!! [/CENTER][CENTER]
If they tell you they are USDA Inspected ... It 'DOESN'T' mean a darn thing!! [/CENTER]

If you don't believe me just check it all out yourself. Do you live in Missouri? If so, start asking around and do some detective work. Just don't tell them that you are with AKC or anything like that... they won't deal with you. I've heard if you tell them you are a breeder, or that you wish to start in the business and wanted to see an actual operation, they will talk to you and show you everything. Please be careful though, I just read a few articles stating inspectors were actually shot at with gun. LITERALLY! Shot at by a puppy mill owner ... IN MISSOURI! So be careful. You must go undercover in order to learn and see whole truth and to be safe.

Don't know what a puppy mill really is? Want to know all about this puppy mill business, or any other animal mills? Do a search on the internet and type in 'PUPPY MILL' ... but, be prepared because you'll likely see and learn more than you bargained for!!

[CENTER]IT WILL PROBABLY MAKE YOU CRY... TRUST ME![/CENTER]

This also goes for backyard breeders & ads in local newspapers. Please don't get me wrong, not all backyard breeders are bad, I'm not trying to say they are because some care & it's great! All ads aren't bad either! I just ask that you pay attention. Pay attention to ads that have puppies for sale, or any animal for sale, and who use the same name or phone number for all ads. Mills & Brokers do this! WARNING! Probably a MILL!

Please Note If someone is selling 'more than two breeds' be sure to check for names and phone numbers, it's more than likely a mill. BEWARE! Breeds are listed separately, but still contain the same phone numbers and names on each ad! THIS IS YOUR WARNING SIGN and bells should be ringing. Do not buy! At the least, fully investigate first! Ask around. And watch out for those 'sales' or great 'deals' also... Warning! Breeders/owners who really do good and care about their animals treat the animals as part of the family and the price is NON-NEGOTIABLE!

[CENTER]PLEASE, PLEASE... NEVER... EVER... BUY FROM A PET STORE!! [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Not ANY kind of animal! No Dogs, Rabbits, Birds, Ducks, Cats... NOTHING!
NOT EVER!!! [/CENTER]

[CENTER]And once you learn the real truth... [/CENTER]

[CENTER]PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD![/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search