Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2006, 09:13 AM

8 posts, read 28,370 times

Advertisements

Some months ago I ran a thread looking for some local help, despite nearly 1100 hits (page 3 or 4 this forum), so far I haven’t managed to get much further with my investigation

I live in the UK and last year bought some mid 1800s land deeds in the Somerset township area of PA. I am attempting to track down the locations and collect any interesting info.

I am looking for someone who lives in or round Somerset Township who would be interested in helping me do some detective work to identify the land,no payment offered just the satisfaction of winning.

The plot was 270 acres and had 19 sides. I have all of the side lengths and compass angles, the names of the owners and their neighbours but no real clue as to the location.

Can’t post attachments on this site so please see details of the shape on my rough working site. It is www.landdocs.4t.com

I guess the one thing which would make or break the possibility that MY land is in the Listie/Geiger area, suggested by one contributor, would be a copy of a land ownership map in the 1840-60's, if one exists. (Like the 1976 map on my site but hopefully covering a slightly larger area.)

Help

Plotnine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2006, 09:51 AM

598 posts, read 2,270,487 times
Maybe you would have better luck contacting the tax appraiser for that county. They should be able to give you the location info on your properties I would suppose...

Old 05-30-2006, 03:50 PM

5 posts, read 20,566 times
Plus, there's a lot of Somerset Twp's here....do you mean Somerset County?

Jill

Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 AM

8 posts, read 28,370 times
Default Correction

Hi Jill,

Sorry I didn't indicate, Yes its Somerset township, Somerset county. PA

David
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania