Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 10:13 AM

8 posts, read 28,290 times

Advertisements

I live in the UK and recently bought some mid 1800s land deeds in this area.
My hobby in these cold winter days is to attempt to track down the locations and collect any interesting imfo.

I am looking for someone who lives in or round Somerset Township who would be interested in helping me do some detective work to identify the land. The plot was 270 acres and had 19 sides. I have all of the side lengths and compass angles, the names of the owners and their neighbours but no real clue as to the location. Anyone out here who would like to play Dr Watson to my Sherlok Holmes ?

Plotnine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2006, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,283 times
may be able to help you out. my friend at schools home town is there. i can talk to him and find out.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:30 AM

Thanks wbodycars for offering to try to help
Please make sure your friends parents are in agreement to any help he could give me.

Plotnine

Old 02-20-2006, 12:23 PM

Unhappy Calling Somerset township residents

I am pleased that so many people took the time to read my request for a resident of the Somerset Township PA area to help me track down "my" plot of land.
I am sorry that I only had one reply from 186 viewings and that lead seems to have gone cold.

Is there anyone out there who knows someone who knows someone who might help me in my search ?

Thanks

Plotnine

Old 03-01-2006, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 11,420 times
you said you have the neighbors names. have you tried locating the neighbors thru anwho.com or 411.com this should give you the address to a closer location. i'm about one hour from there but dont know too much about the area

Old 03-02-2006, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the thought finally68.

I have looked at the two sites you suggested unfortunately the neighbours and owners names I have are a good 150 years old, long before Alexanda Graham Bell was even a twinkle , or should it be an electrical spark, in his mothers eye so unfortunately unlikely to be listed in modern telephone directories or similar.

Sorry if my initial thread was misleading as to the dating of my information.

plotnine

Old 03-02-2006, 02:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,275 times
Default somerset township

I might be able to help you. I live in Somerset, PA. Sort of limited on time though.
roy

Old 03-06-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Ssomerset PA

Hello Roy and anyone else out there that reads this message.

Thanks for the offer to help me track down this land even if you have limited time,I am in no hurry.

Apparenty I cannot post attachments on this site so I have put the basic information I have and the shape of the plot on to a web site I have use on searches.

It is www.landdocs.4t.com

If you call up the site and click on Somerset Pa you will see the details I have together with my direct email address. You might be interested in some of the other locations as well in youyr area. It is only a working site which came with preformed pages which I have never found time to totally clean up.

Look forward to contact

plotnine(David)

Old 03-07-2006, 10:41 AM

312 posts, read 1,904,694 times
Hi, I couldn't be able to help you, but I can give you an advice. You can use a real estate agent by searching the web under Somerset realty. You can also try to contact Somerset Library and ask for a genelogy volunteer help.

I was born and raised near Somerset. I love going there for skiing, white water rafting, horse-back riding, and more. It's a beautiful place, away from hustle-bustle cities.

I'm living in FL now and will be moving to NC soon. NC is somewhat reminds me of Somerset.

Good luck.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,270 times
Hi Plotnine,
I don't live in Somerset I live in Pittsburgh about 75 miles away,but I deliver to Flower shops in somerset twice a week and on slow days I have extra Time and could do a little Detective work for you such as stop in Courthouse or land offices etc. Just give me info and questions to ask and will do my best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania