Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2022, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,900 times

Advertisements

I have been looking to move to Bent Creek/Manheim Township from Northern NJ. Im interested in talking to other people who made this move from NYC, or Northern NJ....and how they like the area. I need to decide quickly, so Id really appreciate a prompt response.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,834 times
Hi Palladin -
I haven't moved yet, but have been looking in the same area and am close to deciding on a home. I am also from Northern NJ!! Obviously it's very different in terms of the look / feel and pace compared to NY or NYC. I like the spaciousness and how farms are mixed into suburban neighborhoods - I have never seen anything like that elsewhere. It appeals to me at this point in life (retirement) due to good healthcare, nice people, a slower pace, every day conveniences very near by, more for your money in housing, lower taxes and great local produce! Simple things. It's a convenient drive to Philly, NJ or Delaware beaches, Baltimore, etc. Also Amtrak is a big plus. I am looking forward to exploring Lancaster City more....I like the idea of a bit of "urban" so nearby. Good luck!!

Old 03-06-2022, 07:34 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,207,312 times
I grew up in Paramus NJ and I never thought I would live in PA, let alone Central PA and the Lancaster area, but there is a reason why so many NY and NJ people have and continue to move here. The area is excellent, with tons of resources. My wife and I have two young daughters and we moved to Manheim Township two years ago after living overseas for many years. We live a couple of blocks from the Bent Creek Country Club.

It's really a special area. Lots of diversity, borders on a small and funky small city in Lancaster, and you also have Lititz downtown right nearby. There is a train that runs direct to Philly and onto Manhattan. Seems like half the people or more in Manheim Township are from out of state. Lots of parks, tons of resources for kids and families. It's really great.

The only problem is, everyone wants to be in Manheim Township when moving to this area, so housing is in crazy demand with little inventory. You can PM me if you need more info or help.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:37 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,207,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdabrb View Post
Hi Palladin -
I haven't moved yet, but have been looking in the same area and am close to deciding on a home. I am also from Northern NJ!! Obviously it's very different in terms of the look / feel and pace compared to NY or NYC. I like the spaciousness and how farms are mixed into suburban neighborhoods - I have never seen anything like that elsewhere. It appeals to me at this point in life (retirement) due to good healthcare, nice people, a slower pace, every day conveniences very near by, more for your money in housing, lower taxes and great local produce! Simple things. It's a convenient drive to Philly, NJ or Delaware beaches, Baltimore, etc. Also Amtrak is a big plus. I am looking forward to exploring Lancaster City more....I like the idea of a bit of "urban" so nearby. Good luck!!
Many retirees live here in the Lancaster area. You should check out both Lancaster city and Lititz downtown. Walkable areas with a little bit more of an urban small town feel but inside this beautiful farmland.

Lots of communities dedicated to retirees because the health care is so good in Lancaster. You also have Hershey nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania