Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2007, 02:44 PM

4 posts, read 15,502 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to Lancaster PA and I am curious.

Are there alot of people from NY moving to Lancaster County PA?

How do the locals around there treat them?

Is Lancaster county becoming more libreal as the county gets its new residents,or is it still pretty conservative?

Is Illegal immigration a problem in Lancaster PA?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 09:03 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,347,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gracy View Post
I am considering moving to Lancaster PA and I am curious.

Are there alot of people from NY moving to Lancaster County PA?

How do the locals around there treat them?

Is Lancaster county becoming more libreal as the county gets its new residents,or is it still pretty conservative?

Is Illegal immigration a problem in Lancaster PA?

Thanks

I live in a development in Lititz and there are several families here that came from New York and they are warm, friendly, down to earth people. As I've said before the locals do not treat outsiders very well. Some even admit to it. I think the county is still pretty conservative, and that's fine with me. I've heard there's an illegal immigration problem in the city of Lancaster.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:44 PM

4 posts, read 15,502 times
Well that is interesting. I thought considering the Amish were there and since the Amish do there own house building,farm growing wtc. the wouldn't be there. Tell me are there any illegal gangs down there or is the gang problem not bad in Lancaster?

Old 08-28-2007, 07:08 AM

1,742 posts, read 4,347,661 times
I've never heard of a gang problem in any suburb, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Some areas, like the the city of Lancaster and Columbia, may have issues with gangs.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:54 AM

24,448 posts, read 23,124,128 times
The amish and mennonites are conservative although I don't think they are reallypolitically active or extremist. I remember seeing them in Bush campaign rallies when he went through the area. And as far as illegals in Lancaster, I think people get mexicans and puerto ricans confused. Puerto ricans are in Lancaster the city and the spanish you hear is from them. Farms, orchards and mushroom growers( more towards Berks and Chester) employ mexicans as do many day laborer and landscape companies.
I think the area is getting slightly less conservative but people get less liberal after they move here. Think moderate republican/ blue dog democrat where common sense rules over party affiliation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania