Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2007, 07:54 AM

39 posts, read 220,191 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am looking at several houses in North Whitehall and Lower Macungie. How is each area? What about restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and grocery stores? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 03:09 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcoko View Post
Hi. I am looking at several houses in North Whitehall and Lower Macungie. How is each area? What about restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and grocery stores? Thank you!

like lower macungie better...I'm not a city gal....but north whitehall would be the place if you like everything at your fingertips...especially Hamilton Street, it's loaded with shopping, and you'll also have acess to Northampton shopping, not bad either...it's just that macungie is a very nice quiet area...used to live in Seisholtzville....

wishing you the best

Old 08-07-2007, 06:54 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
The Macungie area is growing by leaps and bounds. Just try traversing route 222 between 4:30 and 6:00 and you'll see what I mean. In a few years the housing growth should slow down and I suspect the stores will start coming to serve the new residents. The school district is having a hard time keeping up with the growth. It's a nice area but one I wouldn't move to right now because of the fast paced growth. Demographically though, if you have young children and are a newcomer to the area you will find many more people in the same boat and it might be easier to fit in as one of the many new people. The most popular shopping store is the Super Walmart. I imagine you would get to know the back roads to be able to get to Allentown (Wegmans) or Whitehall (Lehigh Valley Mall, etc.) or the Promenade Shops in Center Valley without dealing with the bulk of the traffic.

North Whitehall is more rural, but easily accessible to shopping in Whitehall proper where the Lehigh valley mall and the other box stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc) are located. The mall is being renovated and is getting some great new stores.

School wise, even though it's growing rapidly, East Penn (lower Macungie) has a better reputation then Whitehall-Coplay.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:48 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,263,111 times
We are moving to Macungie in a few months, so I mapped the distance to all the places I need (Wegmans, Barnes and Noble, Target, etc.) and nothing is more than 8 miles away. That's OK with me.

The area is growing quickly, so I have no dbout that the stores will follow.

I went for schools and Macungie (East Penn) is better.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:03 PM

518 posts, read 1,791,800 times
Late on this post, but I thought that North Whitehall was Parkland school district not Whitehall-Coplay.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
You are right: Parkland School District Grades K-12 Allentown, Pennsylvania (http://www.parklandsd.org/aboutus.php - broken link) North Whitehall is in Parkland.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:16 AM

1 posts, read 2,858 times
Default "Cheap Shopping Store"

Hello there,

I purchase many computer components from this website Cheapest Apple Laptop | New Macintosh Latptop | USED Apple Laptop | Cheapest Dell Laptop | New Windows Latptop | USED Dell Laptop (http://www.cheapshoppingcenter.com/shop/ - broken link). It's very good computer store site. I really like this site...

Thanks

Old 09-17-2008, 06:13 AM

248 posts, read 798,027 times
we too are thinking of moving to LMT for the schools. there are many many homes for sale, all of which are realy come down in price. i like the area alot.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:03 AM

191 posts, read 688,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbaby View Post
we too are thinking of moving to LMT for the schools. there are many many homes for sale, all of which are realy come down in price. i like the area alot.

If you wait a couple years you will get those homes for what they are worth. A single family home will go for 100- 125k around East Penn soon, just wait. Twins will be 75-95k also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania