Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:57 AM

821 posts, read 2,045,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Believe me, I've been thinking of EVERYTHING! I tend to over analyze..... Thought of the "what if everyone doesn't want to" and all. Asked my daughter to ask the other kids if their parents would be okay with it and she was like, "I'm not asking, YOU ask the parents". LOL!!! The kids just figure out the "fun" things, lol. Never how to get there and back .

Most of the kids are freshmen so they don't drive. A few of the girls have dates/boyfriends that do drive but they are not allowed to "car date" (our daughter is one). I think it is a heck of a deal considering that it could run over $30 in gas by the time parents are done carting them all around if we don't do some carpool option. All of the girls have planned to go get their nails done on Friday (mani AND pedi) which will run an easy $60. I told mine to do her own and it would EASILY cover it. LOL!!! My daughter did say, "this is x school, we don't do limos". Her school is very unpretentious. There are plenty of people there with money but it is not a "rich school" by outwards appearances and you don't have the kids or parents that flaunt money (which I like ). This is why I really don't even want to say that I'd cover it. Heck, my daughter gets mad if I show up to pick her up in the 68 Camaro Convertible (she doesn't want kids thinking she is "rich").

Sooooooooo, next option.......
I've got a Suburban and can borrow my mothers. Two of the other girls have parents w/ Suburbans. If I can get those other 2 parents to help then we could EASILY shuttle the kids to and from the dance without having to have 10+ parents having to get out and run around like crazy.
Do you think this one sounds more reasonable?

I still think in my email this afternoon to all of the parents I'm going to include the limo option just to let them know I've thought of everything. But not make it sound like I'm all for it. URGH!!!!!!! high school........
First If it were me I would have no problem putting up the extra money...

Second it sounds like your an awsome and caring mom...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,970,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
I think you are making this way too complicated. I would say that you have the KIDS figure out which parents will drive which legs of the trip and don't worry about the limo. Personally with just a high school dance I would NOT want the kids to go in a limo. That is a big deal that should be reserved for prom I think. Have 3 or 4 of the parents drive each leg-chances are most of the families have either a minivan or a larger SUV so you should be able to get all of the kids into 3 or 4 vehicles.

We had a similar party for homecoming and the kids arranged everything and let us know what we needed to do-basically we did the dishes for them after the dance and drove them to the dance.

Around here if kids showed up at a dance in a limo-except prom-the other kids would probably laugh--ESPECIALLY if they were mostly freshman.
I think that's a factor where someone lives. Limos seems to be a big deal in some places. There were people who rented a limo here for an 8th grade graduation party/dance and some girls were dressed like beauty queens, stuffed bras and hair piled up and make up plastered on them.

There were parents that had a paint-ball party and rented a limo for that -- and that did get other kids laughing pretty good. A bunch of middle school boys coming out of a stretch limo and the limo driver having a difficult time backing out of the driveway for the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting