Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,443 times

Advertisements

My 15 year olf son had been drinking without me knowing ,would you like to share some of your experience a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 09:27 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
There was an incident recently at a public high school here where the teenager died of what was assumed to be alcohol poisoning at a party. The kids he was with didn't call 911 until it was too late (actually, a parent of one of the kids finally made the call). Until I read this article, I didn't realize why teenagers would be reluctant to call 911 to get help for a friend who was intoxicated or unconscious.
'911 immunity laws' for underage drinkers - latimes.com

Old 01-21-2010, 12:44 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,923,904 times
I am in the treatment for substance abuse field. There are some literatures from NIAAA that you can read. Check with your local community center/library/police dept. They have some printed literature as well.

Alcohol Research & Health (http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/Publications/AlcoholResearch/ - broken link)

There's also community program as well, you just have to look around. I highly suggest getting involve by educating yourself to look for signs.

Old 01-21-2010, 06:16 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,287,454 times
Here is one to share with your son-just happened this week:

Dad finds son dying in snow after party | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/local/82162452.html?elr=KArksCiUUUU - broken link)

Dad finds son dying in snow after
party

A Clearwater County teen's friends
said they dropped him off at his
house after drinking.

By MARY LYNN SMITH and PAUL WALSH

Last update: January 21, 2010 - 2:21 PM

Russell Gilbertson found his 15-year-old son
unconscious in a snowbank, long after the
friends Jared was drinking with dropped him
off at his northern Minnesota home.

"I wish he was with me right now," Gilbertson
said Wednesday as he prepared for his son's
funeral. "I loved my son very much." Jared, a
10th-grader at Bagley High School, was
outgoing, smart and athletic, he said.

They haven't determined the actual cause of death yet but either alcohol poisoning or exposure to cold are the most likely causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting