Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:02 AM

467 posts, read 985,461 times

Advertisements

what is it they are making you go to that your trying to get out of?

Adults of all ages, esp married and /or employed ones, are constantly making up stuff to get out of things they don't want to do whether its something the spouse wants you to do or something you don't want to do at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,708 times
lol well it sounds to me that all of you people think that 18 year olds have pretty crappy jobs. i walk out of my workplace with about 200 bucks a night plus a paycheck, while still going to high school, having my own place with plenty of food and all the necessities. i still have plenty of luxury money and time to spend doing what i want. move out if youre ready

Old 02-11-2010, 11:24 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,868,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes18 View Post
im 18 year old and i still going to high school. but i still live at home. i just want to know if i have the right to say im not going somewhere when i dont want to. but my parsents say i have to go like(they are making me). i been think about moving out and still going to school. but my parsents think it a big mistake of my life . they think i can't make it when i say that i just want to see if i can make it for a few days without my family there all the time.

Pay more attention in school, don't be such a thorn in their side. What is this horrible thing your PARENTS want you to go to? School? I'd suggest it.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:28 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,790,009 times
This thread is three years old, babycakes is 21 now

Old 02-11-2010, 06:04 PM

75 posts, read 93,116 times
Quote:
im 18 year old and i still going to high school. but i still live at home. i just want to know if i have the right to say im not going somewhere when i dont want to. but my parsents say i have to go like(they are making me). i been think about moving out and still going to school. but my parsents think it a big mistake of my life . they think i can't make it when i say that i just want to see if i can make it for a few days without my family there all the time.

You have the right to move out, pay your own bills and do what you want. Or, you can accept your parents terms and allow them to continue paying your bills. It's, entirely, your choice.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:31 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,824,696 times
Quote:
You're 18. You can legally own property, purchase tobacco and enter into contracts. You absolutely have the right to say "I'm not going somewhere when I don't want to" but your parents, whom you still depend upon for money, food and protection from the elements, retain the right to make you very sorry for saying so. The reality is that legal adulthood does not mean never having to say "by your leave" to anyone. Quite to the contrary, you are likely to have bosses to answer to for a long time to come (maybe forever).

What does making it for a few days without your family prove? It takes more than a few days to succumb to dehydration...

Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 PM

511 posts, read 2,202,328 times
grim, jim, this is a very old thread, lol!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:59 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,824,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanPDC View Post
grim, jim, this is a very old thread, lol!
Hmmm... I see. Hopefully babycakes has been estopped from all that bellyachin'...

Old 05-06-2010, 12:06 AM

2 posts, read 3,148 times
living with your parents is hard and I understand, im 19 years old and still in high school. I just got home and it is nearly 9 and they through a fit, on top of that i cant see my boyfriend for 2 weeks. I say start working to move out, start working and saving up.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,148 times
im 19 and find that i have rights but how much of it do i have, let me tell u that i live with my parents and a senior in high school. wanting to leave and move out, but they say that i cant. so lets say its a monday night and its a school night and i want to see my sweetheart do i have the right to leave and come back? or what would happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting