Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 04:25 AM

5,990 posts, read 6,834,710 times

Advertisements

You said that all your family on both sides is in san diego. You are talking about your unemployment checks buying more in colorado. That is NOT a sound basis for a move! If the primary breadwinner had been transferred, then you tell the kid that the family just has to move. But in this case, i think you should seriously consider staying near family and looking harder for work in SD. You do not have jobs or family in CO. The unemployment checks will run out, and you will not be near family for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 09:20 AM

2,466 posts, read 3,244,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think you're very wise to address your financial situation, and I assure you that your daughter will adapt, but are you sure Colorado is the best place for a fresh start? The housing prices here are seriously ridiculous and rental properties are increasingly hard to find. You may be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire unless you have jobs and housing lined up already.
The thread is six years old...

Old 06-06-2015, 01:45 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,448,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
The thread is six years old...
An excellent point. I really should resist C-D when I'm exhausted.

Last edited by randomparent; 06-06-2015 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: Auto-correct debacle

Old 06-06-2015, 05:08 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,897,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulio View Post
U guys have to understand that Us Kid also have feeling and I know u guys want the best for us but
We attached were leaving everything we worked for example friends ext I'm on my school football team and I feel terrible that I'm moving someone where I can't walk I won't be able to play football and I don't know no one and a place where my dad will probably beat me up and where I'm my big brothers slave I cry each time I hear the worldoving because Ik for me is gonna be the end I been bullied 5 years and now I'm finally fitting in I don't want 5. More years of suffering
No offense, but maybe Florida has a better school district than where you're currently at, and maybe they teach proper grammar and sentence structure because your current school hasn't done that. I can barely understand what you're trying to say and it's an incoherent ramble.

But overall, kids are kids, and kids have to go where their parents want them to go. Kids don't get opinions in moving. I'm not sure why some parents feel their kids get to set their life for them, but until a child is 18 years old, the kid doesn't get to dictate a parent's life. And even at that, a kid doesn't dictate a parent's life, but a child can then chose for themselves where they want to live and the parent can move on.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:01 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,336,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
No offense, but maybe Florida has a better school district than where you're currently at, and maybe they teach proper grammar and sentence structure because your current school hasn't done that. I can barely understand what you're trying to say and it's an incoherent ramble.

But overall, kids are kids, and kids have to go where their parents want them to go. Kids don't get opinions in moving. I'm not sure why some parents feel their kids get to set their life for them, but until a child is 18 years old, the kid doesn't get to dictate a parent's life. And even at that, a kid doesn't dictate a parent's life, but a child can then chose for themselves where they want to live and the parent can move on.
I disagree with that mentality. Kids should have an opinion on major life choices. That doesn't mean they should have an equal say in it but their views should at least be considered on the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting