Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 08:02 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,707,133 times

Advertisements

This holiday always lands right before we get paid, so we're some of the poor saps that end up doing nothing on a gorgeous 3-day weekend due to money issues. Hate it.

What are you guys doing (if anything)?

If anyone asks what we did, I'll just make something up so we don't seem so dull lol j/k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 08:26 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,018,087 times
Don't feel bad, Jacky. We're not doing anything special either. We're moving soon, so we'll probably spend some of this weekend sorting and packing. /sigh

On the bright side, it's drizzling here right now, so I doubt ANYone is doing anything fun outside. And of course, there's always C-D. Now THAT's some fun times!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:32 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,707,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Don't feel bad, Jacky. We're not doing anything special either. We're moving soon, so we'll probably spend some of this weekend sorting and packing. /sigh

On the bright side, it's drizzling here right now, so I doubt ANYone is doing anything fun outside. And of course, there's always C-D. Now THAT's some fun times!
lol that's sad. Actually if it WAS raining here I wouldn't feel so bad. It'd give me an excuse lol

We're probably gonna watch the Indy 500 later. Perhaps catch a pay-per-view movie on cable but otherwise sitting in the house ...again Which the boys don't mind since they are hermits in training.

We did go out yesterday to the coast, walked & cruised around the area and had some 'value menu' lunch, but thats as "fun" as we got. The water was very pretty and relaxing tho.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:39 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,078,512 times
We took my daughter to Incredible Pizza in Tulsa last night for her birthday. I don't usually spend much on birthdays and I certainly don't do things like IP or Celebration Station or any "kiddy junk" places. They just annoy me way way to much. Last night I took a book and some ear plugs and plunked down basically $100 for her to have fun with her 2 little gf's. That included all ya can eat pizza and stuff. At least the food was pretty good. Then we had a sleepover at our house. I am taking them home in a few hours.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:17 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,934,814 times
Three day weekend? My husband works in recreation in the Forest Service, so when everyone has a three day weekend, my husband has a loooong work weekend! That said, a friend invited the boys and I to have a picnic and go swimming at her uncle's tomorrow. Sounds good to me!

Old 05-24-2009, 04:57 PM

841 posts, read 4,847,618 times
On Saturday we went to happy hour at our neighbors'/friends' house.
Sunday...just returned from Busch Gardens
Monday...having my parents over for a cookout.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:06 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,927,268 times
Yesterday it was cool and drizzly, so we went to the library where I let the kids pick out some movies. They had a marathon session and I caught a catnap and rested in bed with the window open, listening to the drizzle.

Today the weather cleared up and we went to the zoo, where apparently a good portion of the metro area had decided to go as well. The parking lot was like Christmas at the mall when we left at 145pm.

Tomorrow I just don't know. Our base outdoor pool is having a grand opening, which could be exciting,but I really do prefer going when its empty because its hard to keep track of the 4 kids, who have varying swimming skill levels, when its a madhouse.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:21 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,545,315 times
Friday night - neighborhood kid's graduation party; Saturday - yardwork/gardening followed by a round of putt-putt golf (DH/DD vs DS/me) with losing team buying ice cream then watched basketball; Today - went to a nearby state park for a hike - took the dog who enjoyed the water - tried to go watch a family friend's child play in a HS baseball tourney but it started to rain so here I am. Probably do a movie or game tonight. Tomorrow - who knows depends on weather.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:31 PM

2,839 posts, read 10,002,302 times
The kids just played with the neighborhood children yesterday and this morning. This afternoon we went to Moe's for dinner... had never been there, and it was very good! Tomorrow we're having a cookout at my in-laws' house. Nothing exceptionally exciting, LOL.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:44 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,927,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
This afternoon we went to Moe's for dinner... had never been there, and it was very good!
Welcome to Moe's!

Sorry, just had to do that.

We used to eat there about once a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting