Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 07:34 AM

836 posts, read 485,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I know a woman in her 40s who still "couch surfs" with various people she knows. (Although does not live with her parents or family). She's had a habit of living with people, off and on, during her lifetime. She gets upset about the control they sometimes try to exert with her, since she's living under their roof. She moved in with a man who had a romantic interest in her, that she did not feel the same way about. Needless to say, it caused problems. She complains about these things but doesn't realize, nothing will ever change until she gets her own place to live.

In my city, it's possible to get an efficiency apartment for $500 a month.
Some days, like today, I read the housing wanted postings websites for my local area -- I always end up regretting it but sometimes it is good entertainment. Like this one, here's a summary:

"26F [26 year old female] recently evicted out of the [worst area in town] seeking apartment with roommates as soon as possible, private bathroom, must not tell me what to do or restrict me from [various activities] late at night. Must be 420 [Marijuana Smoking] and cigarette friendly. Must allow my three house cats. I'm not looking for a mother or father figure. Cash only please, not looking to be a live in girlfriend or give sexual favors."

That's a lot of demands for someone who appears to be desperate to have anywhere to stay at all... As for the last sentence, sometimes you have to do what you have to do, even if it involves selling your soul to the devil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting