Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:44 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,719,393 times

Advertisements

My son has had quite a few classics over the years and is now 5.

1. My wife has a habit of hitting the horn and yelling a***ole whenever anyone cuts her off in traffic. When he was about 3 years old I was driving the family to the park and a guy ran a stop sign and cut us off. I hit the horn and as soon as I did my son pipes up from the back seat A***OLE!

2. My son recently discovered the silly band craze and wore some of his to t-ball. He was standing on first base and was talking to his coach about his at bat when he decided to show the coach his silly bands. The coach goes, "wow those are cool, my kids like them too." My son says, "yeah they are cool." The coach goes, "what do you like best about them?" My son goes, "girls like silly bands and I like girls." The coach was doubled over laughing for at least a minute as well as every other parent near first base.

My daughter (21 months) does one that always cracks me up. I started doing the HEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!! from the Shining and it always makes my kids crack up because of the silly face I make. The other day my daughter came charging into the kitchen, stops and goes HEEEEERE'S RYLEY!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 08:12 AM

486 posts, read 1,666,485 times
When my child was just about to give up her paci, around the end of her 2 yr-begin 3 yr, we talked about it first and I told her that only babies have pacis and she's a big girl now so she doesn't it need it. We were going to give her pacis to the babies at the daycare.

She understood the concept of what we were doing and went on to say, "I'm giving my pacis to the babies because I'm a big girl and big girls don't need pacis, and babies like pacis. BUUUUT, when I want to pretend I'm a baby, then I can have my paci."

I just cracked up with that one... too funny.

I love all of the funny, innocent things kids say.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 AM

457 posts, read 757,429 times
I have the bad habbit of saying, "god dam it" when I lose my cool at home. My daughter, knowing this is inappropriate, would remind me, "Dad, you know thats a bad word". One day while my daughter was helping me outside she dropped a cup of water. When I turned to look at her she said, "Don't worry dad, I'm not going to say that "god dam" word.
This is when she was 7 yrs old, I just had to laugh!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 11:32 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
We were entering a very nice restaurant just as a family with an approximate 6 year old was exiting.

I heard the child say loudly to her parents, "I STILL would have rathered McDonalds!"

Old 05-05-2010, 03:01 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,919,527 times
I have a LOT, but I had to laugh at my 14 year old daughter the other day..
"Is that pens over there?"

Haha, usually she's a bright girl..not so much on that one!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:41 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,071,262 times
My Grandpa's initials were J.C. and Granny called him JC all the time so we all knew JC was Grandpa. My older cousins went to Catholic School when they were little and one day one of the Nuns said something about the Big JC. Harry started looking around frantically (he was in first or second grade). They finally asked him what was wrong and he started crying.. He couldn't see Grandpa but he KNEW he was there somewhere..cause they were saying JC was coming.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:23 AM

758 posts, read 1,236,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikeman View Post
I have the bad habbit of saying, "god dam it" when I lose my cool at home. My daughter, knowing this is inappropriate, would remind me, "Dad, you know thats a bad word". One day while my daughter was helping me outside she dropped a cup of water. When I turned to look at her she said, "Don't worry dad, I'm not going to say that "god dam" word.
This is when she was 7 yrs old, I just had to laugh!!!!!!
That is hilarious!

Old 05-07-2010, 08:27 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,556,495 times
I took my dd into the post office when she was about 20 months old. I sat her on the counter and gave the man my stuff to mail... She turned around and pointed right at the guy and said "Mommy, wook! Coc*! Co*k!" She was actually pointing at a clock hanging on the wall behind him and she was trying to say "clock"... I started sweating there for a second... LOL

Old 05-12-2010, 10:36 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,154,704 times
my son is 13, a wonderful age. We recently took a road trip and stopped at one of those rest stops on the freeway. When walking out of the building my son noticed the machines that hold cards, gum and so forth. When he was little, I dreaded seeing those machines. I was surprised when he asked for a few quarters, something he hadn't asked for in a while. He spotted some football cards. So I gave him some quarters. We get back in the car and he lets out this exhausted sigh and says "OH GREAT!" I asked what was wrong, didnt he like the cards. He holds up each card and says, "Not when you get a sex offender and a drug addict!" I couldn't help myself and busted out laughing. Sad but true. Both players he got were convicted of both offenses. It made me realize in that moment where he was still young where he wanted to get something out of the machines but then old enough that he pays attention to the news.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:05 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,195,329 times
At church on Mother's Day, during the children's message, the pastor said "don't you all want to be good for your moms?" and a child said, loud enough for the whole congregation to hear "no. Santa's not here!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting