Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,983,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
27 out of how many? Should we pull other meds that people have reactions to also??? 27 girls that may have or may not have died because of this vaccine.
Let's get away from death from cervical cancer. How about hysterectomies at the age of 19. Not able to ever have children because of a one night stand? There are more negatives than just death to cancer.
Are you serious? 27 out of how many? 27 girls that may or may not have died because of this drug? What if #14 was YOUR daughter or YOUR niece or YOUR granddaughter or YOUR sister?!! You don't know that they didn't die because of gardasil. And if merck was not honest about vioxx then how can you assume that they would be honest about gardasil, which by the way they had fast tracked AFTER they lost the law suit over vioxx. You may not have to agree with this, but there are a few doctors we have seen that agree that my daughter is sick BECAUSE of this damned shot. So don't preach to me, you can't prove that my daughter has been suffering (for almost a year now) because of a reason other than gardasil. By the way, are you a doctor, do you have any personal experience with gardasil? I DO! I took a normal healthy beautiful 16 year old girl into the doctor and within days she was in ICU fighting for her life.

Gardasil is poison and it needs to be stopped before it kills another girl. My daughter and plenty of other people's daughters are sick and no one, not even you, knows how to help them. But tell ya what, you figure out how to help my daughter and others like her, and you can blame her illness on flipping marshmellows for all I care! I just want my healthy daughter back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 12:56 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,733,452 times
My mother wanted me to get this vaccination but I don't really think it's necessary, so I don't want it. From what I gather, it's supposed to prevent something that I could prevent myself without it so long as I'm careful.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:45 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,305,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
I stated my point in the previous post. Don't lie to the American people and tell them a drug / vaccine is safe, when it clearly isn't. Be honest about the side effects and let us make in informed decision. How is that confusing?
I think he is referring to post #114 where you state that "Vioxx hasn't been pulled from the market"

It has been off the market for some time, its not a matter of informed consent, the drug is no longer produced, marketed or sold anywhere.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:24 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,396,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingreene View Post
Hi everyone! I have been hearing about the new HPV vaccine lately and just wanted to see what the general consensus was. Will your daughter be getting it? Why or why not? Has she gotten it? Had any problems from it?

Thanks!
I don't usually put other people's personal business on public forums, but to answer your question: when the subject of Gardasil first hit the media a a couple of years ago, I asked my daughter (age 17 at the time) "what do you think about this?" & she expressed a very negative view of teens who are "sexually active." one of the many reasons I was very proud of her for having her own mind and not being influenced by 'the way things are these days.'

Old 03-29-2009, 11:42 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,983,286 times
Good for her! My daughter was and still is not active, but we lost my father and her favorite track coach both to cancer and that was the image she had in her head if she didn't get the shot. I so should have listened to my mommy instinct, but anyway, good for your daughter! Tell her to stay strong!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:55 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,127,615 times
Our good doctor recently told us that there is going to be a version of gardisil out next year - 2010 - for boys. He seemed positive about it, stating all the things it's supposed to prevent - mainly cancers and STD's - but now after reading all these posts I'm feeling worried. He did say that the FDA hadn't approved it for boys yet because there were some problems that had come up with the version for girls, and they wanted to wait and work on the boy version before it was released.

?? So are we - women - the guinea pigs for pharmaceuticals or what?

And is there a birth control for boys - besides abstinence and condoms?

Old 03-30-2009, 03:36 PM

2,839 posts, read 10,022,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Our good doctor recently told us that there is going to be a version of gardisil out next year - 2010 - for boys. He seemed positive about it, stating all the things it's supposed to prevent - mainly cancers and STD's - but now after reading all these posts I'm feeling worried. He did say that the FDA hadn't approved it for boys yet because there were some problems that had come up with the version for girls, and they wanted to wait and work on the boy version before it was released.

?? So are we - women - the guinea pigs for pharmaceuticals or what?

And is there a birth control for boys - besides abstinence and condoms?
Correct. We, humans, are the lab rats. If the new vaccine comes out for boys (I should say "when", not "if"), they will become the new guinea pigs.

I do not believe that there is a hormonal birth control for boys. Hormonal birth control is not the healthiest thing for a girl's growing body either, though, so I would not say that that's a bad thing.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:38 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,973,747 times
For the other side of the coin, check out these links:

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and Cancer: Q & A - National Cancer Institute

NCCC National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Survivor Stories - NCCC National Cervical Cancer Coalition (http://www.nccc-online.org/community/stories.html - broken link)

Home - National Cervical Cancer and HPV Coalition Support Community - Inspire

The Human Papilloma virus

MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Cervical dysplasia

I've tried typing my own experiences with HPV and cervical dysplasia here twice now, but I keep accidentally deleting it!! It is not fun, and at 30, my life is full of biopsies, endocervical scrapings, and quarterly pap smears. Next up is a cold cone biopsy.

Cold knife cone biopsy - Overview

If my CIN II/III does progress into invasive cancer someday, the "simple cure" people always bring up?? A trachelotomy if I am lucky and get to preserve my fertility (if the cancer is small enough) or a hysterectomy. Chemo and radiation if it is in the lymph nodes.

HPV is no picnic in the park folks. Most of you have it. Most of you can beat it. But if you or your loved ones contract HPV 16 or 18 (which are covered in the vaccine), be ready for a roller coaster ride.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:37 PM

2,183 posts, read 5,584,195 times
just say no

Old 10-14-2009, 10:41 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,981,065 times
dont know if this one has been posted yet but i remember a thread where someone's daughter had gotten this vaccine and turned from track star to major cripple and they have yet to be able to fix what went wrong, and being this vaccine only covers a fraction of HPV, not worth it in my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting