Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 04:12 PM

810 posts, read 1,438,929 times

Advertisements

My twin girls are 2 1/2. I'm careful about treating them as individuals. The time has come for potty training and I was wondering other peoples experience with twins. Did they train at the same time? Did one catch on before the other?

Olivia is really doing a great job . Mikayla WAS doing a great job (thought she was going to be quick), but then she had the poop fear.

Any suggestions or experiences appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 PM

12 posts, read 30,818 times
I don't have twins, but if it makes you feel better my little boy is 3 years, almost 2 months and I still can't get him to poop on the potty for me. He is pee trained though. And the ironic thing is he supposedly has a high IQ - go figure.

Anyway, hope you get some advice!

Old 01-16-2009, 07:26 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,932,578 times
Mini M&M's worked to get us past the poop fear . Also, not making a big deal about it, and acknowledging the fear and discomfort seemed to help us. My daughter would get nervous when she had to poop, and we would just sit there and talk about it. I would say things like, "I know it's uncomfortable. I know it's hard to do. Peeps are a lot easier-you're right." That seemed to comfort her a bit. Also, LOL-I told her that her belly button is the button you have to push to make pooping easier. I know that's ridiculous, but she thought it was funny to push her belly button while she was on the potty, and it distracted her from the task at hand. Whatever works, right? LOL. Good luck.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:56 PM

304 posts, read 1,431,734 times
We have identical twin sons which we tried to start training them at the same time. However one son became trained nearly 3 months before our other son. It took our boys a while to train, too. We had to keep bringing them into the bathroom about every hour to get them used to the idea.

The son that trained earlier had the peeing part down pat but took about 3 weeks before getting the poop thing figured out. With the son that trained later, it was so funny....one day he refused to do either, and the next day he was totally trained. Go figure!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:46 PM

15 posts, read 20,869 times
we went thru this too..its a hard time but eventually the other one will catch up

Old 01-16-2009, 03:47 PM

15 posts, read 20,869 times
good luck!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:47 AM

810 posts, read 1,438,929 times
Thank you!
Funny...I have been using M&Ms as a reward (they tell me the color of the M&M...makes me feel better about bribing/rewarding )
Anyway, I'll keep plugging away, I know eventually they'll get it.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:45 PM

8 posts, read 15,381 times
I´ve Twins (Girls), now 5 Years old. When they where 22 Months (it was Summer), I just took away the "Pampers" and let them run naked in the Garden. It took 4 Days, bevor it worked fine, even inside the House. At Night, One of the Girls didn´t need Pampers with 24 Months, the other one with 3,5 Years! I´ve another Girl, 2,5 Years old. I tryed everithing, nothing worked! 3 Months ago she came to my and told me, that she doesn´t need "Pampers" anymore! And it worked! But she still need them at night. 3 Kids - 3 different times!

Old 01-26-2009, 04:47 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,373,871 times
I have boy/girl twins and they trained at different times-DD trained first. I wouldn't worry too much about training them at the same time and taking away their individuality. They will get it when they get it and they will still be who they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting