Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:55 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Why do you suppose people use them as fighting dogs to begin with? Why don't the thugs just go about abusing and angering the a dalmatian, poodle or silky terrier? Why do you think that they get a bad rap? Anyway, this is on the parenting board... not the "pets" board do you have children yourself?
so, if I have kids, I can talk about dogs?

I have two rotties and have had 5 over the years, I also have two special needs boys .......does that make me a bad parent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 12:55 PM

16 posts, read 132,773 times
Yes i do i have three and have a Pit Bull.I understand there bites or more dealy but don't always kill.Like JustJulis posted.And APBT can and are great dogs.The people have made this a bad bred.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:59 PM

And it parneting board but what is the story about.PETS.People need to be educated about any aniaml the own or want to own.I was just giving some history about the APBT.And they get there bad rep. form ingront people.Who listen to people who don't like the bred and say they bad bred cause when thet attack they kill.or the media who yell pit bull when it is not.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:30 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,991,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by askdc View Post
And it parneting board but what is the story about.PETS.People need to be educated about any aniaml the own or want to own.I was just giving some history about the APBT.And they get there bad rep. form ingront people.Who listen to people who don't like the bred and say they bad bred cause when thet attack they kill.or the media who yell pit bull when it is not.
So why haven't you answered any of my questions regarding pitbulls? Why don't thugs use dalmations, poodles, jack russell terriers? That's alright though, I have my own opinions on the breed through my own experiences. I think your last post speaks for itself so it's doubtful you could convince me otherwise.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:46 PM

I am not trying to convince anybody anything.And to answer you question.People fight them cause there stupid igronte people.They use pit bulls not because they are viouse dogs but loyal ones and would do what there own says.And they get a bad rep from who know nothing about the bred excecpt what they have heard not looking at the own who mistreated the aniaml.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:51 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Thugs fight roosters too.
I remember being chased and floged by my grandpas rooster when I was a little kid.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thugs fight roosters too.
I remember being chased and floged by my grandpas rooster when I was a little kid.
Those evil roosters! man, someone needs to ban them......

Old 01-09-2009, 02:08 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,270,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
Those evil roosters! man, someone needs to ban them......
kinda reminds me of the Sienfeld episode when Kramer gets involved in a **** fighting ring. His rooster's name was "Little Jerry Sienfeld". In the end another rooster gets the better of little Jerry and Kramer dives into the ring to stop the fight and the other rooster jumped on Kramer <cut to black> "Ouch, ahhh,....ouaaach...."

Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
kinda reminds me of the Sienfeld episode when Kramer gets involved in a **** fighting ring. His rooster's name was "Little Jerry Sienfeld". In the end another rooster gets the better of little Jerry and Kramer dives into the ring to stop the fight and the other rooster jumped on Kramer <cut to black> "Ouch, ahhh,....ouaaach...."
LMAO!!!! I remember that episode!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 02:21 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,270,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
LMAO!!!! I remember that episode!!!
I have a firm belief that there is a Seinfeld episode for nearly any situation in your life. Work, relationships, sex, kids, shrinkage....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting