Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:11 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,136,321 times

Advertisements

AWESOME- Since Thimerisol was removed from vaccines and even my flu shot and my childrens flu shots were thimerisol free, then why do people continue to state vaccines cause autism then?

Thimerisol was the only toxin associated with autism in vaccines and it was removed. I understand the idea of being burnt by the pharmco must leave a latsing impression on some of these parents. But so do diseases like measles, mumps, whooping cough. etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
there was a big stink, enough to make changes occur:

Thimerosal, a mercury-containing preservative, has been the focus of intense scrutiny by the U.S. Congress and the news media. Thimerosal is no longer used as a preservative in any childhood vaccine with the exception of the influenza vaccine. Attention by the news media has caused some parents to fear that thimerosal contained in vaccines might have harmed their children.

Removal of thimerosal from vaccines was precipitated by an amendment to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Modernization Act that was signed into law on November 21, 1997. The amendment gave the FDA two years to "compile a list of drugs and foods that contain intentionally introduced mercury compounds and ...[to] provide a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the mercury compounds in the list...." The amendment arose from a long-standing interest in lessening human exposure to mercury, a known neurotoxin and nephrotoxin.

At the time the FDA Modernization Act was passed, infants were recommended to receive three different vaccines that contained thimerosal — diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP), hepatitis B and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib). Infants receiving all of these vaccines could have been exposed to a cumulative dose of mercury as high as 187.5 ug by 6 months of age. The cumulative dose exceeded guidelines recommended by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (see table below). Thimerosal, as a preservative, is no longer contained in any childhood vaccine, with the exception of the influenza vaccine.

There have been advocates and activist all over the pharmacy companies for this, so many so that there were congressional hearings about it.

Autism on MMR article from JAMA

Old 01-12-2009, 05:54 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,234,857 times
I choose not to vaccinate against some disease not just because of the dangerous ingredients that may or may not CONTRIBUTE to neurological disorders but because the disease is not bad or the vaccine doesn't even work (the flu vaccine)

I protect my child from flu with vitamin d suppliments in the winter. I have been on them for over 4 years and have NOT gotten sick once and I work in a nursing home! My baby has not been sick once and has been around MANY people with the flu not to mention the Holiday bugs.

My research has supported that people that get sick from colds and flus are vitamin d deficient. A flu shot makes no difference. The numbers have not changed since more and more people have gotten the flu vaccine.

Flu vaccine has been shown to lower the longevity and severity of the flu but not flu DEATHS

Old 01-12-2009, 06:19 PM

733 posts, read 1,931,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
AWESOME- Since Thimerisol was removed from vaccines and even my flu shot and my childrens flu shots were thimerisol free, then why do people continue to state vaccines cause autism then?

Thimerisol was the only toxin associated with autism in vaccines and it was removed. I understand the idea of being burnt by the pharmco must leave a latsing impression on some of these parents. But so do diseases like measles, mumps, whooping cough. etc...
The parents who are claiming vaccines are the ones whose child was vaccinated with the Thimerisol still in them. Also even though the Thimerisol has been removed, there are still vaccines out there that contain it. Shelf life remember? As I said, you have to ask to be sure.... AND it is still in the flu shots.

I think many of the kids affected by vaccine, are the ones who were predisposed to autism and maybe this was the factor that made the difference.

I watched the congressional hearings and there was a mother with identical twins like mine. Boys. One of her sons was autistic, the other not. The one who was had his shots, and a reaction soon after. the one who wasn't missed the shots because he had a cold. It was one of the saddest moving statements made during the multitude of parents who spoke, but is also suggested that there is a factor in some capacity.......

btw, the flu shot actually give my husband the flu. He was military and after having a couple the doctors put it in his charts he wasn't to get them anymore because it would make him sick.......

So as you see, it depends on the individuals, who knows how the vaccines affected these kids, but many parents saw reactions so it is something that very well could be a facet to the puzzle.....

Old 01-13-2009, 05:36 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,251,563 times
Quote:
The parents who are claiming vaccines are the ones whose child was vaccinated with the Thimerisol still in them. Also even though the Thimerisol has been removed, there are still vaccines out there that contain it. Shelf life remember? As I said, you have to ask to be sure.... AND it is still in the flu shots.

I think many of the kids affected by vaccine, are the ones who were predisposed to autism and maybe this was the factor that made the difference.

I watched the congressional hearings and there was a mother with identical twins like mine. Boys. One of her sons was autistic, the other not. The one who was had his shots, and a reaction soon after. the one who wasn't missed the shots because he had a cold. It was one of the saddest moving statements made during the multitude of parents who spoke, but is also suggested that there is a factor in some capacity.......

btw, the flu shot actually give my husband the flu. He was military and after having a couple the doctors put it in his charts he wasn't to get them anymore because it would make him sick.......

So as you see, it depends on the individuals, who knows how the vaccines affected these kids, but many parents saw reactions so it is something that very well could be a facet to the puzzle.....

Its not possible to get the flu from a flu shot.....

This is a common myth but the flu shot is inactive/killed virus, it is impossible for it to cause flu

Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,234,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

This is a common myth but the flu shot is inactive/killed virus, it is impossible for it to cause flu
that is half correct. From what doctors have told me and by a couple books I have read NO it cannot GIVE you the flu directly. But vaccines in general CAN lower your immune system making it easier for you to get ill. Of the people I know (many by nursing home and children in my large family and the preschool I volunteer at) those that get "more" vaccines including the flu get sick more often than those who don't. Seriously.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

I should have said, he got sick EVERY time he has gotten it, and they stopped giving it to him because they said it was the shot that was making him get sick.

Last edited by NoLoveLost; 01-13-2009 at 08:47 AM..

Old 01-13-2009, 08:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,780,200 times
Vitamin D might not be useful as some kind of medicine, and it can make sick people sicker.

Vitamin D Deficiency Study Raises New Questions About Disease And Supplements

Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 AM

Thanks for the story about the twins.

How sad- the real test they need to work on is Which children are predisposed to getting autism. So you can treat them a little more carefully then the kids who are not predisposed.
There are studies going on now regarding environmental issues and autism.

The flu shot we get has no thimerisol in it. All you have to do it ask for the one without thimerisol. You do have to go to the doctor and not a flu clinic at a grocery store for it, but it's obviously worth it and readily available.

Jenny McCarthy stated her kid got it from vax, and yet he is all better now that she changed his DIET? SO how is the two things possible? He must have had outside factors like his diet affecting his autism as well.
Quote:

Old 01-13-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
that is half correct. From what doctors have told me and by a couple books I have read NO it cannot GIVE you the flu directly. But vaccines in general CAN lower your immune system making it easier for you to get ill. Of the people I know (many by nursing home and children in my large family and the preschool I volunteer at) those that get "more" vaccines including the flu get sick more often than those who don't. Seriously.
In my state everyone working in a nursing home and living in a nursing home MUST have the flu vaccine every year. Kinda like you cannot have TB and work with the elderly or children.
They also encourage the pnuemonia vax.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the story about the twins.

How sad- the real test they need to work on is Which children are predisposed to getting autism. So you can treat them a little more carefully then the kids who are not predisposed.
There are studies going on now regarding environmental issues and autism.
agreed. They do need to try and focus. I think that one of the problems is there are multiple factors and it makes it hard for them to focus. But they have to start some where.....

Quote:
Jenny McCarthy stated her kid got it from vax, and yet he is all better now that she changed his DIET? SO how is the two things possible? He must have had outside factors like his diet affecting his autism as well.
I can't tell you what a complete idiot I think Jenny McCarthy is. I have to say I am really sick of celebrities saying how their kid is "cured". My take on her and those like her:

If the child really had Autism, then they wouldn't be "cured". It's neurological, and a diet ain't going to fix that. I DO think that the child was suffering from something. Something that may have has similar characteristics to Autism, but if you can fix it with a diet, detox, or some of these other things, then I'm sorry to say, I just don't believe it was truly autism.

The medical world has created this huge dumping ground, and the more kids they dump into it the more vague it becomes. They will never find a cure if they don't start to see that there is a bunch of things going on here not just one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting