Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:28 PM

81 posts, read 258,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
Hopefully the kids are being well taken care of. The Dad must have been in a very bad place!
He was. As the article states, his wife died just days after giving birth to their youngest child of a brain aneurysm. That was 17 months ago. A tough road to hoe I would imagine. ANY single parent would have a tough time taking care of 9 kids ALONE. There are not many single parent homes either that have 9 kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
OMAHA, Neb. -- Two more children have been left at hospitals since a father dropped off his nine children at Creighton University Medical Center Wednesday night.

UPDATE: 2 More Kids Abandoned; 11 Total In Past 24 Hours - Local News Story - KETV Omaha

Should he be charged?
Should he be charge? Absolutely not! Should he be given some help and resource to help him raise these kids? Absolutely.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:49 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,733,925 times
Reminds me of that woman in Texas who was charged with murdering her 5 children in the bathtub...the dad/husband should have been charged as well as he was an accessory to it....she so wanted help. She begged and pleaded.

What would have happened if she (and the jerk) could have just taken them somewhere? They'd be alive today, them two divorced, and her probably in therapy, and the jerk...would still be a jerk.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:33 PM

14,860 posts, read 43,036,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Reminds me of that woman in Texas who was charged with murdering her 5 children in the bathtub...the dad/husband should have been charged as well as he was an accessory to it....she so wanted help. She begged and pleaded.

What would have happened if she (and the jerk) could have just taken them somewhere? They'd be alive today, them two divorced, and her probably in therapy, and the jerk...would still be a jerk.
Andrea Yates. And Rusty has now divorced her, remarried and HAD ANOTHER BABY! I can't believe the idiotic person with not a lick of common sense that would marry a man like this. Heck, what am I saying.....the term "man" can not be used on him at all. He is just as guilty if not MORESO than she is. He was the ENABLER! His actions and LACK of actions caused those babies to die.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:39 PM

14,860 posts, read 43,036,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraS View Post
He was. As the article states, his wife died just days after giving birth to their youngest child of a brain aneurysm. That was 17 months ago. A tough road to hoe I would imagine. ANY single parent would have a tough time taking care of 9 kids ALONE. There are not many single parent homes either that have 9 kids.
I agree. He says he quit his job to care for them and being w/o work unable to pay the rent (mortgage - I don't know). Unless the family was pretty much self-sufficient BEFORE the mother passed away (which sounds like it was sudden) then it would be terribly hard to be a working single parent to 1 child much less 9. Oh, and they actually had 10 kids. The eldest is an 18 yo girl that is out on her own already. Graduated from high school at 16.

As for the investigation 2 years ago because of the eldest saying she had to care for her younger siblings.......... okay, so maybe she had to help out but if she was able to graduate at 16 her grades were not suffering THAT much. me's wonder if her "charges" were not trumped up a bit. Anyway, the investigation showed that she did help care for them (okay, so am I going to be investigated because my oldest babysits the youngest sometimes and has to do laundry and dishes???) which is something that kids SHOULD be taught in a family. We help each other. I'm glad that there is family now stepping forward to possibly take in the kids. Why he did not ask them sooner........... maybe he felt they could not take care of them as well and it would be burden on them. We don't know.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:43 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,147,275 times
Quote:
Anyway, the investigation showed that she did help care for them (okay, so am I going to be investigated because my oldest babysits the youngest sometimes and has to do laundry and dishes???) which is something that kids SHOULD be taught in a family. We help each other. I'm glad that there is family now stepping forward to possibly take in the kids. Why he did not ask them sooner........... maybe he felt they could not take care of them as well and it would be burden on them. We don't know.
Pure speculation, but it makes me wonder if that is EXACTLY why he did not feel he could look to family for help??

Old 09-27-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolagranola View Post
Pure speculation, but it makes me wonder if that is EXACTLY why he did not feel he could look to family for help??
Did you ever hear of disfunctional or disconnected families? I have one of them and it just isn't going to happen. My family are a bunch of whiney ****heads that are nice to your face and talk about you the second you leave. NO one could convince me to have them take care of the kids. I would find other options. Not everyone has a June and Ward Cleaver family!

Old 09-27-2008, 04:22 PM

303 posts, read 984,400 times
I feel very badly for the children of course and I have to feel sorry for the father as well. He had been left with the kids since his wife passed away. His family said that they had no idea he dropped them off until he called them after the fact. Maybe he should have asked for help from them, but his family mentioned that he was the kind of guy that would never ask anything from anyone. It is hard to understand what he was thinking but at least they are safe now. Loosing his wife, his job and not having the money or resources to properly take care of the children had to be overwheming for anyone to handle. I believe he was at the end of his rope on this situation of his. I recall the local news interview they had with the father and he said as he was leaving the hospital with them behind, the children were calling out to him and he could not turn to look at the. Must have been very painful for them and him as well. I hope that once he gets back on his feet, maybe they can be reunited.A bad all around situation indeed here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting