Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:33 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,377,673 times

Advertisements

What a wacky B*tch! I would talk to a few of these mutual friends (like someone else said) and ask nicely if they agree with what she is saying. Act like you want to be sure you aren't the "Not my kid" type of parent and want to deal with your child if she is the problem. This way they don't believe everything she is saying about you and you could possibly keep some of these other relationships. I think if you don't approch these other Moms they may think you are hiding out. You have the right to stand up for you and your child against this "bully" Mom!!! Just a thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 12:52 PM

955 posts, read 3,655,331 times
What a sad sad situation for you and your daughter, as well as your daughter's friend.... Sounds like mom has major mental health issues and that is something that you cannot fix... I feel terrible for you!

I agree chat with some of the other moms and see what kind of feel you can get.... and make sure your daughter knows that this isn't her fault (I am assuming it isnt )

Old 07-30-2008, 01:25 PM

788 posts, read 2,115,578 times
The important thing is that your daughter sees you trying to address the person directly, not adding to the gossip and drama by talking to other moms, etc.

That is awesome and the most important thing. Girls can be tough - but it's the moms that make it worse sometimes....

Old 07-30-2008, 06:03 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,659,012 times
Thanks. I have a daughter. My point goes back to the whole Golden Rule idea. Keeps us on track.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:29 PM

3 posts, read 12,230 times
Thanks for the perspective-- and the ongoing reality check. The good news is that my daughter and I have done A LOT of talking...about our feelings, ways that we would want to handle conflicts without "freaking out" (her words), the temptation and pitfalls of limiting yourself to just one or two close friends instead of taking the opportunity to know ALL the kids in your class or on your team...

We've both learned a lot-- she's sad, I feel strangely wracked with guilt for not seeing this coming, but the last thing my daughter said before bed tonight gives me a lot of hope for my beautiful brave girl--

she was worried about her (former) friend accidently slipping up and asking to play with her and probably getting in trouble for it. "Even though she's not ny friend anymore she's still a person, and at least you'll understand if I get sad and you love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be."

Parenting is a hard job, but kids are great!

Old 07-30-2008, 07:57 PM

10,260 posts, read 21,829,872 times
Forget about it. If she doesn't want her kid hanging out with your's that's her business. And if she's a screwball that not your business either.

Don't worry about it, if you worry about every nut you run into you'll drive yourself nuts. Don't worry about your kid either, she'll get over it. She has bigger disappointments than this coming in life, believe me. Let her start developing a thick hide now, she'll need it.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:59 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,864,914 times
We had the exact same thing a few years ago. The lady never would tell me what was up, but it turned out that she was angry that I didn't attend a Candlelight party she'd invited me to. Oh brother. She even pulled her daughter out of my girl scout troop and would only let her daughter come to our house when she needed a babysitter. What a lulu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting