Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:02 PM

213 posts, read 672,345 times

Advertisements

I was going through u-tube the other day looking for my daughter some interactive learning shows and came across, the old seaseme street and school house rock clips. It was pretty neat cause i remember looking at these episodes when i was little, and it made me wonder what happened to all the good cartoons like, rainbow bright, lamb chop, the flintstones, jetsons,loney tunes, the old nick junior pete and pete, all that, rugrats.... Cartoons with values and morals...lol

Which ones did you enjoy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 01:06 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
I was going through u-tube the other day looking for my daughter some interactive learning shows and came across, the old seaseme street and school house rock clips. It was pretty neat cause i remember looking at these episodes when i was little, and it made me wonder what happened to all the good cartoons like, rainbow bright, the flintstones, jetsons,loney tunes, the old nick junior pete and pete, all that rugrats.... Cartoons with values and morals...lol
Which ones did you used to enjoy?
I used to watch all of those plus woody wood pecker, pinky & the brain, batman, loony tunes, and pop eye. I still watch cartoons but I watch the adult ones now.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:23 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,920 times
Quote:
I was going through u-tube the other day looking for my daughter some interactive learning shows and came across, the old seaseme street and school house rock clips. It was pretty neat cause i remember looking at these episodes when i was little, and it made me wonder what happened to all the good cartoons like, rainbow bright, lamb chop, the flintstones, jetsons,loney tunes, the old nick junior pete and pete, all that, rugrats.... Cartoons with values and morals...lol

We had a pretty strict tv schedule & loved to play outside, so tv wasn't a really big thing in my home growing up. I did like the Smurfs, though.

Sesame Street, Electric Co., and Mr Rogers are the ones I remember most.

My toddler will sit for a full 30 mins to watch Caillou and also enjoys Dragon Tales & Arthur.

Right now, it's PBS only in our home b/c he's just a toddler. Not sure of the other stations though sometimes my husband likes to watch Adult Swim on Cartoon Network.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:32 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,433,555 times
Quote:

This kind of makes me laugh. I always thought The Flintstones, The Jetsons, and the Rugrats shows were horrible cartoons. I still do. I grew up in the 70s and really only liked Bugs Bunny and the Pink Panther. Even Tom & Jerry got old quickly, but I could watch it. My brothers loved Scooby-Doo and Speed Racer.

I must have been anxious to reach the age of adult cartoons, as I've been quite happy over the years to have encountered Ren & Stimpy, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Family Guy, South Park.

Now, I have little kids, so we watch Dora, Diego, DragonTales, Sesame Street and WordWorld a lot.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:47 PM

213 posts, read 672,345 times
lol...I just needed a laugh today, thinking back to those cartoons puts gives me a happier feel of life.. but i do love me some family guy i used to love the simpsons but not as much.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,496,859 times
woody wood pecker, chilly willy the penguin, flintstones, jetsons, bugs and freinds, tom and jerry and my personal favorite, roadrunner and cayote.
although i dont know what the educational perpose was of any of these. sometimes i see them now and cant beleive what i am seeing. people throwing anviles on eachother, trying to kill eachother, cross dressing, shooting

ahhh they dont make them like they used to

Old 07-03-2008, 10:02 PM

515 posts, read 1,558,586 times
The Fairly Oddparents is awesome! (Spongebob, too...) I'm also a big Pete and Pete fan... and Salute your Shorts! Ahhh... those were the days! I also love Underdog, Mighty Mouse... Word World is very cute, and my son loves it. He also adores The Letter People, both old and new.

That said, Adult Swim on Cartoon Network is great! Space Ghost, Futurama, Family Guy, Home Movies, and the best of the best... Robot Chicken!

Sorry to whoever posted it, but ATHF makes me a little ill...

Old 07-03-2008, 10:27 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,433,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjmom View Post

Sorry to whoever posted it, but ATHF makes me a little ill...
That was me. It's an acquired taste. I didn't understand it AT ALL at first, and then it just somehow grew on me. I had to release all expectations and just go with it. Speaking of strange cartoons, did anyone ever see Squidbillies on Adult Swim? Odd, so odd.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:51 PM

515 posts, read 1,558,586 times
lol yeah, Squidbillies is weird... but the weirdest of all has to be Assy McGee... I really like Metalocalypse, too.

Back to the original topic... There is indeed a shortage of quality cartoons aimed at children. As far as the younger children, the morning shows on Discovery Kids, Noggin, and Nick Jr. are great, and even Playhouse Disney has some quality shows... Let's not forget, also, PBS Kids, and their specialized network, Sprout. Standards from our days such as Sesame Street, for example, have been so corrupted that they're just not as good as they used to be. Just one mom's opinion...

~D

Last edited by jtjmom; 07-04-2008 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: typo... what else?

Old 07-04-2008, 01:15 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,871,621 times
Quote:

I pretty much enjoy the Looney Tunes because those were joyful cartoons I've watched while growing up. Its a shame they're seldom on television. This era of the cartoon industry stanks.

Now I watch all the good cartoons on YouTube, like Looney Tunes and Beavis and Butthead. I hate it when YT deletes videos of those classic cartoons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting