Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:03 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,132,096 times

Advertisements

What a pity. While not the best place to leave a child I'd much rather have the mother leave a child in a walmart then do what some others have done like throw them off a bridge or drown them in a car.
I can see why someone might do this instead of the fire station/police station/hospital thing and that is to avoid questioning or just the "look" that you'd get. It must have been hard enough to decide to do this without having to face the judgement of the people you're trying to turn your child over to.
Sometimes life just overwhelms people to the point they make an emotional decision that they regret later, thank goodness it didn't result in the parent killing the child!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 10:59 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,526,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What a pity. While not the best place to leave a child I'd much rather have the mother leave a child in a walmart then do what some others have done like throw them off a bridge or drown them in a car.
I can see why someone might do this instead of the fire station/police station/hospital thing and that is to avoid questioning or just the "look" that you'd get. It must have been hard enough to decide to do this without having to face the judgement of the people you're trying to turn your child over to.
Sometimes life just overwhelms people to the point they make an emotional decision that they regret later, thank goodness it didn't result in the parent killing the child!
I'm not sure that leaving a child this old is an option at a firestation or police station in the way you can leave a newborn or baby.

I have to agree, at least she didn't kill the child. Thats sad to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting