Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:41 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,921,327 times

Advertisements

Heard yesterday over NPR that Matthew McConaughey's brother Michael "Rooster" McConaughey had a baby he named Miller Lyte. His golf buddies were teasing him that once he had a baby that the days of his inseparability with Miller Lite were over. To prove them wrong and on a bet, he named his son after his fave beer but changed the spelling. Neat...Miller Lyte McConaughey...hope he does not get pulled over for a DUI later...would be hard to explain he was not born with alcohol in his blood!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 08:17 PM

1,177 posts, read 459,788 times
I named my son Hunter Aaron back in the early 90's when it seemed Hunter was a rare name.
His father, now my ex, wanted to name him Wolfgang but I didn't go for it.
Well my ex has a new family and his first born was a boy. They named him David Danger. Yep, his middle name is danger. go figure

Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,848,498 times
Mine son is Tristan Ray. Tristan 'cause I liked it. Ray is my father's name.

But he goes by a nickname that's unrelated to either of his names.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:22 PM

17 posts, read 79,555 times
My husband is an engineer and his approach to naming our daughter drove me insane. He went out and bought 3 baby naming books, we had to create individual lists of the names we liked, then we compiled them into one master list....I think that he was trying to drive me crazy!!

My husband is from southern african and it was important to me to have a name that had a significant meaning, related back to her african heritage, was not too common, but not too off the wall.

We ended up with Liana Taizya.

Her first name is Liana, it has french origins meaning "to twine around," it is a tropical jungle vine that binds the growth together. I loved the idea that we were building our family by bringing this baby into the world and she was effectively binding us as family.

Her middle name was given to her by her paternal grandfather. It is Taizya, which means "to give thanks" in mambwe, one of the tribal languages that my husbands family speaks. I think that it is a beautiful sentiment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting