Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 04:02 PM

4,605 posts, read 4,157,057 times

Advertisements

America treats parents pretty crappy. A two income household is almost an absolute necessity, in order to get healthcare for your kids you are at the mercy of an employer for years, and childcare before Kindergarten is incredibly expensive.

Sounds like the OP’s cousin is very in tune with reality.

Old 10-02-2021, 04:12 PM

13,912 posts, read 4,538,481 times
and I don't remember the last time I blew my nose. Why is your cousin's opinion national news?

Old 10-02-2021, 04:20 PM

24,279 posts, read 15,399,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
There is a white genocide happening, but right-wingers are too stupid to understand why.

Old 10-02-2021, 04:21 PM

48,746 posts, read 35,489,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Are you familiar with the Soviet Union? Their policy of assimilation was a combination of compulsory government education combined with mass propaganda and economic controls that split up families/communities. In Communist China, Mao turned children against their parents in the cultural revolution.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...34035120070913

Our government only forces us to work together, live in the same neighborhoods, and send our kids to the same schools. While the media and the government spends every day trying to marginalize and punish anyone who opposes.

Their goal is complete social and economic integration/assimilation.

Sorry. Too crazy.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-02-2021, 05:20 PM

73,445 posts, read 63,465,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingaloo View Post
For some guys, their personality or looks is built in birth control. Which is it for you?
As far as looks, it goes as follows. I was younger I was told I wasn't "tall enough" (I'm 5'5"). I've been told frequently that I look young for my age. It's rare that any woman ever described me as "ugly". Most women never say that about it.

Personality, I'm an intellectual type. I like to talk about intellectual stuff. I've been sort of a bookish, nerdy type (Although I have done many athletic things in my life). I don't always know what a woman wants to hear. I don't play games though.

I've been told a few times that I wasn't someone's type. Alot of women I've dealt with weren't all that upfront about what they didn't like about me. I literally had to get one woman to tell me upfront what it was. I've had a few times where I set up dates with some women, and then they just flaked on me.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:36 PM

40,998 posts, read 18,471,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lingaloo View Post
For some guys, their personality or looks is built in birth control. Which is it for you?
Bingo

Old 10-02-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I was ambivalent about having kids, and waited too long. I tried a round of IVF which didn't take, and I wasn't super disappointed. Husband died 5 years later, so I think it was all for the best.

I remarried and he has 4 kids, so he did his part.

My sister never had kids either, and we are both upper middle class. We contribute to society by supporting the economy via shopping.
For a very long time I didn't want to have kids. It was mostly for one reason: I didn't want the responsibility that came with having kids. I still don't think I could handle the responsibility of being a parent. I'm in my mid 30s and I'm still not ready. I'm not really ready to be someone's husband. This is the thing. I live a somewhat lonely life. Valentines Day is a very lonely day for me. On the other hand, it's alot of responsibility being a parent and a spouse. Alot of things you give up.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
This is a rather convoluted way of saying that we have laws against discrimination.
I'm glad we have laws against discrimination. It makes my life easier. And no one has given me a good reason to be opposed to things like the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:58 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,166,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
and I don't remember the last time I blew my nose. Why is your cousin's opinion national news?
I didn't intend for this to be a political discussion. I posted this thread in the "parenting" forum - someone moved it over here for some reason.

Old 10-02-2021, 06:00 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,968,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For a very long time I didn't want to have kids. It was mostly for one reason: I didn't want the responsibility that came with having kids. I still don't think I could handle the responsibility of being a parent. I'm in my mid 30s and I'm still not ready. I'm not really ready to be someone's husband. This is the thing. I live a somewhat lonely life. Valentines Day is a very lonely day for me. On the other hand, it's alot of responsibility being a parent and a spouse. Alot of things you give up.
It’s ok to not have kids if you don’t want to and wise not to marry if you don’t feel like your ready. Don’t let anyone push you or let yourself be pushed, they obviously were ready, but that doesn’t mean you are and you don’t want to marry because you have to, but because you found someone that you want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting