Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 11:34 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,436,523 times

Advertisements

I thought about this after reading this thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/paren...abysitter.html

Does anybody have any babysitting horror stories?

Last edited by cottonwood2420; 03-22-2008 at 11:51 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 03:50 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,991,541 times
Thank God no! It would be so great if no one did.Luckily,I've had only good experiences.I've always taken recommendations from others.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:55 AM

841 posts, read 4,841,706 times
Yes, unfortunately. And it happened to ME when I was little.
A neighbor teenage girl was babysitting me. Typically my older brother and sister would've been home with me, too, but they were either at friends' houses or after school activities.
She turned on the stove and when it got hot, she told me to put my hand on it. I was about 4-5 years old, so I knew it was hot and something I didn't want to do. She obviously was mentally ill (we did not know this at the time). I was a shy and timid little girl around strangers so I did what she told me to. And yes, it was hot!!! I removed my hand immediately and she started laughing.
I don't remember her babysitting me after that. I don't think I told my parents what happened, but maybe I told them I didn't like her or that she was 'mean'.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:58 PM

1,623 posts, read 6,531,621 times
My teenaged aunt's friends liked to let me puff on their cigarettes. I was under 6. A few years later she was smoking pot with her friend and they tried to get me to take a shotgun hit (joint backwards in guys mouth and he blows backwards through the joint into the other person's mouth). Luckily there was no way I was putting my mouth anywhere near another guy or I don't know what would have happened. And as to why she was allowing/encouraging this? She's never been right in the head. I feel for her children for the emotional/psychological abuse she has yet to put them through as they grow up.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:30 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,178,459 times
This one time, my dad got my sister and myself a babysitter when he went for a "Single Father's Night Out". Our old babysitter "left town" or so we were told - 80 year old woman with heart problem, I knew the deal - and we got a new babysitter. A pompous woman with her nose in the air.

I swear she hated kids. She put on some stupid show she wanted to watch, despite us already watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Let's just say, she ran out of the house screaming and crying from what I did to her.

Now where is that roll-eyes-angel-face smiley face?

Old 03-24-2008, 10:58 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,266,307 times
When we were little we had a babysitter invite her friend over and the two of them proceeded to drink my parents wine and get smashed!!

She was the sister of our regular sitter, so my mother knew her parents, and let's just say she got in a lot of trouble.

Luckily, nothing bad happened while the drunk sitter was there. My sister was 9, so she pretty much took care of my 2 year old brother until my mother got home.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:28 AM

29 posts, read 32,965 times
Our friends daughters was babysitting my daughter and i was gone for about an 1 1/2 and i got home, my daughter was know where in site!! I ABOUT HAD A HEART ATTACK!!!!!! i found the babysitter drunk on the couch holding alcohol and laying in her own vomit. I ran upstairs to look for Hannah and thank god she was in her crib sleeping! I had a very stern talking to Alyssa (the babysitter) and her mother!

Old 03-24-2008, 11:56 AM

1,354 posts, read 6,381,246 times
When I was little we had two different baby sitters tie up my sister and brother. One was a neighbor and the other was a friend from church. My brother and sister were always out of control. We could never keep baby sitters, my sister and brother made sure of that.

So far we have had great luck with baby sitters. I know their moms really well and they have babysat other friends kids with no issues.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 PM

1,623 posts, read 6,531,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
This one time, my dad got my sister and myself a babysitter when he went for a "Single Father's Night Out". Our old babysitter "left town" or so we were told - 80 year old woman with heart problem, I knew the deal - and we got a new babysitter. A pompous woman with her nose in the air.

I swear she hated kids. She put on some stupid show she wanted to watch, despite us already watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Let's just say, she ran out of the house screaming and crying from what I did to her.

Now where is that roll-eyes-angel-face smiley face?
What did you do to her?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:50 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,266,307 times
I just thought of this one...

One time I was babysitting for these two litte kids who were asleep when I go there. However, when I went to check on the little boy (3 years old) I couldn't find him

I freaked!

I checked every inch of that house and it turns out that the kid was in his bed the whole time, but he had crawled to the bottom of the bed and was hiden by the blankets. Gave me a heart attack!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting