Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:30 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,451,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I find it a bit peculiar that syracusa refuses to admit the actual country she is from. I've seen several people now ask which country it is that she makes constant references to and the question goes unanswered over and over.
Oh, give me a good reason why I should.

In the land of privacy, the "private" have suddenly become more curious than it's written in the book they should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 12:52 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
Oh, give me a good reason why I should.
Because you have consistently argued with a number of people here about the differences of life in the cruel and unkind U.S.A. versus your so-called idyllic upbringing in a country that as of this moment remains completely fictional.

If you expect anyone here to even bother responding to your comparative posts, the burden of providing the name of the country you are making your comparisons to falls upon you. The fact that you have been asked several times now and still refuse to answer creates cause for suspicion of your honesty and a subsequent disinterest in anything you have to say.

If you believe for one moment that a reply such as "I'm from Montenegro", or Belarus, Romania, etc. etc. etc. is going to create a loss of privacy equal to or greater than the information you've already provided in various forums here, you're really being overly paranoid.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:23 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,698,356 times
Quote:
Because you have consistently argued with a number of people here about the differences of life in the cruel and unkind U.S.A. versus your so-called idyllic upbringing in a country that as of this moment remains completely fictional.
Possibilities:

1) She enjoys a good game.

2) She's an illegal immigrant from Mexico and hides behind a fictional country.

3) She made up a fictional country to draw envy from others.

4) She has such a traumatic past that she romanticized it for her own sanity.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
2) She's an illegal immigrant from Mexico and hides behind a fictional country.
Yes!! That!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
4) She has such a traumatic past that she romanticized it for her own sanity.
And that!!

:smac k:

Except that now I really AM traumatized!!!

PS: In the meantime, your culture - not unlike any other, after all !! - has produced yet another newsworthy degenerate; now - with cherries on top: killing over not getting tenure!

Last edited by syracusa; 02-15-2010 at 02:39 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 03:27 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,492,311 times
Just where is this wonderful country that is all wine and roses? If it's so wonderful, why isn't that all over the news? And why is it such a secret - why arent' you looking for ways to move back? If I felt as negative as you toward where I lived and as positive about where I came from, I'd sure be looking to go back. Especially if I were raising kids and so upset about where I was. Truly. If I feared for my child's well being, I'd be working to leave.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:43 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,520,866 times
Quote:
PS: In the meantime, your culture - not unlike any other, after all !! - has produced yet another newsworthy degenerate; now - with cherries on top: killing over not getting tenure!
If you really believe that then I submit that your culture did not produce an adult nearly as intelligent as she is masquerading as here.

Your refusal to acknowledge the question asked of you many times now is duly noted, by the way.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:42 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,157,179 times
Quote:
If you really believe that then I submit that your culture did not produce an adult nearly as intelligent as she is masquerading as here.

Your refusal to acknowledge the question asked of you many times now is duly noted, by the way.
I think it's time to stop feeding the troll.

Don't know where she's from and frankly don't care. There is no place as wonderful as she claims her home country to be. No place where everyone is kind, kids aren't bullied and everyone puts their own needs and desires purposefully on the back burner in order to promote the good of their society. Maybe in philosophy books, but not in real life.

Why argue with someone who picks out a few pychos and degenerates in a country of almost 400 billion and then generalizes that all Americans are the same? Of the hundreds of thousands of college professors who go to work every day, one demented woman does not reflect on the career as a whole.

I've lived in 5 different states during my 37 years here on earth and 2 countries and can say with 100% certainty that the people who live in Seattle are vastly different than the people in Tampa. That the people who live in Phoenix have nothing in common with those in Boston. She likes to pick out the "breaking news stories" as if they reflect on our society as a whole which tells me that she doesn't actually have anything to contribute, she just wants to come on this site and tell us that America sucks.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
"Your culture"? Don't you mean OUR culture? After all, you live in Atlanta, or is that Atlantis? Anyway, must be you're moving to Boston so MY culture is the same as YOURS. You live here as the rest of us do. Own up.

Scary thing: That woman who killed over not getting tenure lives in the same city as you do, or you're moving to. She has a very sketchy, criminal background. Gives me the creeps.

As far as handling the school bully: I think kids should be instructed to knock a bully on his or her a**. I agree with Cold that parents have the power to invite them to be friends, but sometimes; most times, kids who are being bullied don't have enough behind them to do that. A bully needs to be stopped, and knocking them off their feet is the most effective.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 PM

Leave it to mainstream America to make a mess of the all important task of taking a long, hard look in the mirror every half a century or so.

The "this-country-is-not-perfect-but-still-so-much-better-than..." mantra will only go so far, for so long, and it surely doesn't qualify as a "long, hard look in the mirror".

And no, no, no: no other culture, no other place, no other country could possibly be BETTER at ANYTHING compared to this one. At best, it can be AS GOOD or AS BAD, but sure enough, not BETTER.

"Trolls" who dare to voice what the mainstreams fails to see in that mirror will come and go; but you will remain to pick up the shards, in one million ways. Severe bullying (accompanied by severe consequences) is one of those.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 PM

I'm sorry, but that post makes no sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting