Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 02:24 AM

24,155 posts, read 32,592,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian4488 View Post
I am not a parent so I might be very off but my friend was telling me the problems she is having now that her daughter is almost a teenager. Lying, mouthing off etc....I asked if she had gotten her period yet and she said she thinks she might have but isn't sure. She thought she "saw something" she said. Wouldn't you be giving your daughter pads? Wouldn't you go to your mom to tell her when it started?

Easy. She doesn't tell you. My daughter didn't tell me for several months. She bought her own equipment. I think she was shy about it.

No big deal, And not all that strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 03:13 AM

7,977 posts, read 7,369,999 times
I remember reading in a biography of Judy Garland that she promised her daughter Liza Minnelli that when she "became a woman" they would "toast it with sherry". When the time came, Judy was having a serious drinking problem, so her husband at the time (Sid Luft) had locked up all the booze. So she and Liza toasted with cooking sherry.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:27 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,415,401 times
Well, I was in the downstairs bathroom when I found out I got mine (where we didn't keep any pads/tampons), and it was like a damn battlefield, so there wasn't any hiding it. I yelled to my mom "Ma, I got my period" and cursed under my breath a lot. She ran around like a chicken with her head cut off, saying things about her baby growing up and how exciting this was and whatnot. I mainly felt inconvenienced and rather irritated.

I had a very heavy flow and for some reason was unable to wear even the most narrow tampons. Middle school and high school were a misery for at least one week out of the month because of it.

It never occurred to me to hide it from my mother or even my father. We were pretty open about biological functions in my house. Heck, my dad didn't even have a problem going out to pick up pads for me if I needed them. It was just a fact of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting