Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:47 PM

105 posts, read 110,981 times

Advertisements

Again: You have never gossiped about your boss?

That's how she feels. If I prohibit her from saying things it doesn't change anythin

As a matter of fact I'm sure teachers have words about unruly students behind closed doors.

It's called ethics..

Time and place for everything...she doesn't hug her teachers either, should I outlaw that at home too?

Kids are smart enough to understand different roles and situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 05:41 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,047,020 times
This reminds me of an incident from when I was a kid. At the local library, when I tried to return a book, they said that the book was overdue, even though I was 100% certain that it was on time. The person working at the circulation desk wanted me to pay the fine, but I politely explained that the book was on time. Eventually, she gave in, and did not collect the fine. But my father (who knew very well that the book was on time) was yelling at me about how I should not be talking back to adults like that. Does this mean that since I was a kid at the time and the person at the circulation desk was an adult, I was supposed to just be a doormat and pay the fine, even though I know the book was on time?

Old 08-19-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It's not indifference if she calls her Mrs Mouthy, that is out and out disrespect.
Disrespect because she simply doesn't like the teacher, or because the teacher has actually done something to earn disrespect, maybe belittled a student or something similar?
She was privately calling her Mrs. Mouthy, not to her face. She can call her whatever she wants in private, as long as she doesn't use that name in person.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:54 PM

300 posts, read 438,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
She was privately calling her Mrs. Mouthy, not to her face. She can call her whatever she wants in private, as long as she doesn't use that name in person.
In fact, at home inside her supportive family, your D should be encouraged to expess her feelings and furstration.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:18 PM

16,070 posts, read 21,144,062 times
What, she can't be taught to express feelings and frustrations without resorting to name calling?

Quote:
Does this mean that since I was a kid at the time and the person at the circulation desk was an adult, I was supposed to just be a doormat and pay the fine, even though I know the book was on time?
As long as you were polite and factual how was it not respectful? Seems to me a lot of people are trying to push the envelope and deliberately confuse being respectful with being a pushover. Two entirely different situations.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
As long as you were polite and factual how was it not respectful? Seems to me a lot of people are trying to push the envelope and deliberately confuse being respectful with being a pushover. Two entirely different situations.
Glad that you agree with me.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:18 PM

105 posts, read 110,981 times
Quote:

Exactly. Just like at work, saying something to your boss's face can affect your job.
At home it hurts no one

Besides she's too shy to actually come out and say that lol

Old 08-19-2014, 09:24 PM

300 posts, read 438,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2514 View Post
Exactly. Just like at work, saying something to your boss's face can affect your job.
At home it hurts no one

Besides she's too shy to actually come out and say that lol
It's healthy. You'll see little girls bossing aorund thier dollies. Your D coming home from a long day at school and expressing her frustration is healthy. Should she just pretend that M. Mouthy is simply wonderful just please the adults in the room?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting