Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 02:37 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,236,311 times

Advertisements

Some of my most popular dolls in my shop were made by Corolle-made in
France. they were very popular

Paul Drink-and-Wet Bath Baby (2011) by Corolle T4556 | Really Great Toys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 03:31 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,545,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merv1225 View Post
This type of doll was available back in the '70s. The Joey Stivic doll (Archie Bunker's grandson) from the hit TV series All In The Family.

I sssssssoooooooooo wanted a Joey baby, but we were poor and could not afford it.

My mom bought me an anatomically correct boy doll - I named him Zachary - for Christmas when my son was 23 months old. I was thrilled with my "new baby", but Matt wasn't. Although I didn't know it right away.

Christmas night I was cleaning up the living room and noticed Zach was missing. Mind you, no one had visited us that day and it was only me, my mom and my little son there. So, the three of us start searching for this doll (that must have crawled away on his own!) with no luck at all. I was completely stumped.

About an hour later my son came up to me and said, "I know where Zach is." He was looking down at the floor as he said this, as if I was going to start yelling. I asked him where and he took my hand and led me to my mom's room. He pointed under the bed and then ran into his room and quick closed the door. Sure enough, Zach was under the bed - with his head torn off! Matt did not/still does not like this poor little baby doll. I still love them both.

The funniest thing about this doll... I was babysitting a 3 year old and let her play with it and she asked me "Can I take his head off?" not knowing what Matt had done. I told her NO!

THEN.. A few years back an adult male friend asked me the same question... only he did not wait for an answer. He tore Zach's head off and now I cannot get the head to stay on the body. One of these days I will just have to hot glue it in place.

All of this because I just had to have my own baby boy doll.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:41 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,236,311 times
Maybe your adult male friend was jealous of little Zach's "equipment". I would have sent him a bill to replace the doll.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:10 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,244,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I sssssssoooooooooo wanted a Joey baby, but we were poor and could not afford it.

My mom bought me an anatomically correct boy doll - I named him Zachary - for Christmas when my son was 23 months old. I was thrilled with my "new baby", but Matt wasn't. Although I didn't know it right away.

Christmas night I was cleaning up the living room and noticed Zach was missing. Mind you, no one had visited us that day and it was only me, my mom and my little son there. So, the three of us start searching for this doll (that must have crawled away on his own!) with no luck at all. I was completely stumped.

About an hour later my son came up to me and said, "I know where Zach is." He was looking down at the floor as he said this, as if I was going to start yelling. I asked him where and he took my hand and led me to my mom's room. He pointed under the bed and then ran into his room and quick closed the door. Sure enough, Zach was under the bed - with his head torn off! Matt did not/still does not like this poor little baby doll. I still love them both.

The funniest thing about this doll... I was babysitting a 3 year old and let her play with it and she asked me "Can I take his head off?" not knowing what Matt had done. I told her NO!

THEN.. A few years back an adult male friend asked me the same question... only he did not wait for an answer. He tore Zach's head off and now I cannot get the head to stay on the body. One of these days I will just have to hot glue it in place.

All of this because I just had to have my own baby boy doll.
I can picture a toddler being rough with a baby doll (before he learned how to be "gentle like a daddy or mommy") but a grown man! What a jerk!

The only thing that I can think of is that those specific dolls may have always had a problem with their heads, otherwise why would two different children and an adult want to take the head off.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:29 PM

17,154 posts, read 13,012,635 times
What, boys have penises???? THE SKY IS FALLING!

Old 08-02-2014, 05:55 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,385,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What, boys have penises???? THE SKY IS FALLING!
Well, balls. What are we going to do now?!

Old 08-02-2014, 07:33 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,985,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I take it for granted the mother and others like her prefer their kids to believe all people have the little pubic bumps seen on Barbie, Ken and GI Joe?
It this what Common Core is going to teach to children now that they have control of kids from K-12 knowing full well most parents don't teach their kids anything about anything having to do with their bodies when it comes to sex?
"Don't look at it, touch it or even think about it because it is dirty". How many full grown women still have these thoughts? I've known many who won't admit they have BM. Is the GI tract - eating, digestion and defecation - a sordid taboo as well? How do they explain anything to their doctors?

Being a middle aged man I have never made up names for anything to my doctors. I have probably shocked some for being quite frank with them. Some were amazed I could pay so much attention to what my body was doing and explain it in detail.
Actually, parents seem to be afraid that the common core will actually teach the children real facts about sex.
While the national standards for sexual education in k-12 are not actually included in the common core, there is a National Sexuality Education Standard. One of the things it recommends is that all students should know correct names for their body parts by 2nd grade.

http://answer.rutgers.edu/file/natio...-standards.pdf

Old 08-02-2014, 10:05 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,545,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I can picture a toddler being rough with a baby doll (before he learned how to be "gentle like a daddy or mommy") but a grown man! What a jerk!

The only thing that I can think of is that those specific dolls may have always had a problem with their heads, otherwise why would two different children and an adult want to take the head off.
Believe me, my son was not being rough... he was being a jealous "brother" and took the head off on purpose... and then led me on a merry chase to find the doll. It was so funny that I could not punish him.

Heather just had a fetish for pulling off all dolls heads, so that is why she asked me first! She knew he was my special baby.

Who knows why Gary wanted to do it. It was a jerk-ass think to do.

I think it may have had something to do with the wacky angle of the doll's head when it was turned backwards. I'll never know what his reasons were.

It's been years, so it's all been forgiven.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:34 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,917,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgal View Post

Well, balls. What are we going to do now?!

It's time for government mandated gender modification. All male and females are to be surgically neutralized at birth leaving them with a generic pubic mound, thus efecting full equality between the sexes. They will need to lop off the breastes as well to be 100% PC.

Hey, equality is the social goal and in the long run is what is best for humanity, correct? No one seems to mind whose feelings are squashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting