Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 06:32 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times

Advertisements

The ones I carried in my shop were manufactured in France. I grew up in Europe as well and had anatomically correct dolls but I doubt my parents knew what they were buying and i never thought to show them. Seemed pretty natural to me. And I'm 67 so you know these have been around FOREVER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 06:48 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,004 times
What's shocking, actually, is that doll's hideous face.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:54 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,379,705 times

Yeah, because being familiar with human anatomy in a completely non-sexual fashion is going to ruin a child for life.

If her darling precious daughter had a little brother, is the mother really going to make sure she never sees his penis?

This kind of attitude is what results in 14 year olds getting pregnant.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:56 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Our daughter is 4 years younger than our son, so she must have been pretty little when her older brother was still playing with GI Joe type action figures (male dolls) and wrestling figures. One day she saw a GI Joe doll without his clothes, with that smooth front where the genitals would be in real life. She said something like "That boy doll is missing his penis! No wonder he is mad and fighting all of the time!".

PS. Yes, we did teach our children the correct terminology for their genitals. People don't make up "fake names" for a child's leg or arm or ear so why do some people insist on using "fake names" for some body parts.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:28 AM

1,166 posts, read 1,379,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Our daughter is 4 years younger than our son, so she must have been pretty little when her older brother was still playing with GI Joe type action figures (male dolls) and wrestling figures. One day she saw a GI Joe doll without his clothes, with that smooth front where the genitals would be in real life. She said something like "That boy doll is missing his penis! No wonder he is mad and fighting all of the time!".

PS. Yes, we did teach our children the correct terminology for their genitals. People don't make up "fake names" for a child's leg or arm or ear so why do some people insist on using "fake names" for some body parts.
It's actually recommended that you teach your kids from the earliest ages to use proper names for all anatomy as it can reduce the chances of sexual predation. It gives kids ownership of their body and comfort to talk accurately and concisely about their body and when something is done to it that is making them uncomfortable, either at the time, or afterward, and it also can just flat out turn off pedophiles because there is nothing cutesy or kiddie about calling your "minnie" a vulva (or vagina).

Old 08-02-2014, 09:27 AM

99,511 posts, read 4,489,231 times
This type of doll was available back in the '70s. The Joey Stivic doll (Archie Bunker's grandson) from the hit TV series All In The Family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqYTUjRNjH4

Old 08-02-2014, 10:44 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,597 times
What more raises my eyebrow was this classic line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.com
doesn't require special "doll juice"
If THAT's not innuendo...

Old 08-02-2014, 01:57 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,472,347 times
Most girls with baby brothers know about it anyways.

I remember seeing a Baby Blues strip where Zoe is watching her mom bath her baby brother Hammie in the sink. A bit lame, but the parents ended up faking her out and tell her "it's the drain plug".

Old 08-02-2014, 02:03 PM

548 posts, read 1,037,947 times
Well does anyone remember the Joey doll from the Archie Bunker show? I had one of those when I was a kid. That was my favorite doll. It was fun feeding him a bottle and watching him pee. Whatever if people aren't teaching their kids the correct anatomy parts then that is their problem.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:08 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
I take it for granted the mother and others like her prefer their kids to believe all people have the little pubic bumps seen on Barbie, Ken and GI Joe?
It this what Common Core is going to teach to children now that they have control of kids from K-12 knowing full well most parents don't teach their kids anything about anything having to do with their bodies when it comes to sex?
"Don't look at it, touch it or even think about it because it is dirty". How many full grown women still have these thoughts? I've known many who won't admit they have BM. Is the GI tract - eating, digestion and defecation - a sordid taboo as well? How do they explain anything to their doctors?

Being a middle aged man I have never made up names for anything to my doctors. I have probably shocked some for being quite frank with them. Some were amazed I could pay so much attention to what my body was doing and explain it in detail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting