Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 06:11 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times

Advertisements

Okay, I figured this was a good place to start. Those of you that have 3 year olds? Now, of course they are twins, boy and girl...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Smileychildren.gif (broken link)... probably have everything under the sun...heard their mother rented a petting zoo at their home for their 3rd birthdays last month. But, I want to do something special for them. They are my niece and nephew and I have never had the pleasure to even see a picture of them yet! Now, finally I have the opportunity and my 8 and 10 year old who will be meeting them for the first time also want to get them a special gift...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/47.gif (broken link)...3 year old twins, last minute gifts...any suggestions will be helpful! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 06:15 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,367 times
I don't have a clue. Good luck!!!

Old 12-14-2007, 06:17 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
I know those webkins are really popular with the younger kids but 3 might be too young for them.

Three is the sesame street age- and those new Tickle Me Ernie and Tickle Me Cookie Monster dolls are a riot- they would probably like them.

But at that age, and considering you don't really know the kids, I might recommend a few small gifts for each one- that way if one is a dud, another might be received more enthusiastically. The good thing about three year olds is they're just thrilled to get anything- price doesn't matter.

I'll bet you the girl loves playing dress up- maybe a feather boa, tiara, high heels and a tacky purse (these things are usually in the toy department). I've never seen a little girl not love this kind of stuff.

Boys of that age are often obsessed with cars, trucks and anything that makes noise. Those things are usually very easy to find in a toy department too.

I remember when I was little I loved getting a big box full of lots of little stuff.

Last edited by pirate girl; 12-14-2007 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-14-2007, 06:20 AM

pirate girl, thank you. Yes, my 8 and 10 year old are really into the Webkinz, probably a bit young for the little ones. Dress-up is a good idea. They sell those dress-up chests with a lot of goodies inside. Maybe that for her. Maybe a remote control truck for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I know those webkins are really popular with the younger kids but 3 might be too young for them.

Three is the sesame street age- and those new Tickle Me Ernie and Tickle Me Cookie Monster dolls are a riot- they would probably like them.

But at that age, and considering you don't really know the kids, I might recommend a few small gifts for each one- that way if one is a dud, another might be received more enthusiastically. The good thing about three year olds is they're just thrilled to get anything- price doesn't matter.

I'll bet you the girl loves playing dress up- maybe a feather boa, tiara, high heels and a tacky purse (these things are usually in the toy department). I've never seen a little girl not love this kind of stuff.

Boys of that age are often obsessed with cars, trucks and anything that makes noise. Those things are usually very easy to find in a toy department too.

I remember when I was little I loved getting a big box full of lots of little stuff.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:06 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Yup- and on the truck, the more noise it makes, the better!!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:18 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
One gift they could both enjoy would be an indoor play tent. My daughter loved hers.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,367 times
Are you a little bitter with their mother that you haven't seen them?? If yes, then I suggest Playdo and Fingerpaints!!!! But I'm a little evil like that.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:34 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
My son is almost three and he loves anything to do with construction, diggers, bulldozers etc.... Bob the builder line would be good, fire trucks or something along that line would be a hit too. Can't advise on the girl though as I have 3 boys. Good luck with your hunt.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:51 AM

aahhh, now thats a whole new thread my friend. Good suggestion by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
Are you a little bitter with their mother that you haven't seen them?? If yes, then I suggest Playdo and Fingerpaints!!!! But I'm a little evil like that.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:43 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,281,032 times
When my daughter was 3 I got her first Barbie. It was very special. I also suggest getting dress up clothes - like Disney Princess dress-up and super heroes for the boy. I highly suggest the pop-up tent the other poster suggested. Lots of fun and it looks expensive but you can get them for less than $20. Good luck... hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting