Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 08:59 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,328,325 times

Advertisements

Its so hard as a mom when you want so desperately to breastfeed. I had a similar issue when my son was born. Long story short, I worked with lactation consultants, nurses, a midwife, friends, family, ect. My son would not latch. This went on and on for over a month, I was emotionally exhausted and grieved and blamed myself. Ultimately, I had to come to terms that my child needed nourishment; whether it came from my body or bottle. Some women's bodies fail them at this, some children cannot/will not latch. And you know what? Its okay! If this is something important to her, tell her to talk to the professionals and get all the help she can. But also, support her with a timeline. If at a certain point, its still not working, give her "permission" to stop. Tell her she has nothing to feel guilty about. I pumped and bottle fed the breast milk for a few months but ultimately, it was more stress than I could handle with a newborn and being a first time mom. My son is 12 now and is beautiful, healthy, and smart. Congratulations on the birth of your baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting