Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:09 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,334,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
OMG, stop already. Monkey see, Monkey do is an old expression. NO ONE WAS CALLING THE OP'S KID A MONKEY.

to you! I was perfectly happy to let this drop last night; let LPDAL have the "last word". Then someone else saw fit to bring it up again! Why is it not OK for someone to bump the thread to discuss this, but not for me to respond. I don't like the expression, and felt it was inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
The past two posts are off track. Yes, Ivory is getting criticism, but she started off getting support. Those of us who have raised teens are fully aware of the stupid things they are prone to do.

The criticism has been an attempt to make the OP realize her daughter needs help. That help is not to circumvent the repercussions of her actions, but to stop her from following her legacy of alcoholism.
Ya think? Post #2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
Moderator Cut.

So many RED FLAGS go off for me on your very short post.

Your husband thinks he's tough by bringing his little girl to the police station? That is not parenting. Moderator Cut

First step that you need to do, is NOT make this situation about YOU! Your kids should not have to worry about how mommy feels over every thing they do!

But with that said, everything is going to be OK. You're whole family should go to counseling, which I suggest an actual professional though for one on one sessions, like a psychiatrist or psychologist.

Moderator Cut.

However, if you are able and willing to LEARN about the real problems , and work on GOOD communication , to set healthy boundaries , and learn how to have your family act all on the SAME team again, you will win!

Sadly it sounds like your husband will refuse to go to counseling.

Good luck!
Note mod cut for flaming and name calling. Then here's post #7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHarley View Post
I'm sorry but it sounds like you guys do not know how to be respectful to your kids. Thus your kids almost always feel as though it's them verse you. Please take my advice in seeking therapy now, before more drama entails.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:09 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,483,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
...but I live in a college town...
Where you do you live? I thought you were a Pittsburgher...

Old 11-14-2013, 07:17 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,260,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Why won't you answer my question?
Because it has no bearing and would smack of bragging.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:20 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,414,436 times
Closed for Mod Review.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting