Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 08:29 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,882,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
I think you should listen to your inner voice. She is up to something.
^ I second this. It's so darn obvious, I'm embarrassed for her. She seems to be really stunted in her maturity. She needs to be reminded that she's not 18, and you're not either.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:36 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,632,918 times
She is simply getting the trip to Chicago she feels she is due from upthread....

Old 05-29-2013, 08:39 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,529,322 times
I really had to suppress my gag reflex when I read that.

Don't fall for it, OP.

Watch what happens if you tell her you don't think it's a good idea.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:42 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,969,904 times
Or you could say that you think it's a great idea! Then send the boy off (with his gf, or set of friends) to the big city.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Or you could say that you think it's a great idea! Then send the boy off (with his gf, or set of friends) to the big city.
Oh! I LOVE this idea!

Old 05-29-2013, 09:43 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,376,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I second that! Great idea!!!

Old 05-29-2013, 10:19 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,421,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
Could be a breakthrough or trying to butter me up but this is it. She woke me up this morning by snuggling up next to me and kissing me on the cheek. She made me breakfast, sat with me while I ate, and told me to have a great day. She hasn't done that in quite some time. She told me we could go wherever I wanted for dinner. We went to dinner and she gave me a back massage. After dinner, she wanted to “ run something past me”. She wanted to reward our son because he’s been such a good boy( yes, she said boy like he’s 7 and meeting Santa or a dog) lately, I think we should take him and his girlfriend up to Chicago for the weekend as maybe a little treat for him”. I told her “ I’d think about it”, I can’t help but think that secretly this is for her. I think that rewarding a kid who’s SUPPOSE to be good, with a trip is a bit overboard.
Wow, just wow.

Next, she's probably going to say, "Let's reward him by all of us going to Chicago to do X (this activity that I want to do) and Y (this activity that I want to do) and Z (this activity that I want to do) and we can all get manicures and pedicures and have our hair done!"

It sounds like a trick to me (a way to get exactly what she wants but pretend it is really for your son).

Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 AM

818 posts, read 861,598 times
She isn’t being very subtle about her intentions. I told her I didn’t think it was really necessary to reward with him with a trip to Chicago. She got kinda pouty about it( probably didn’t realize I was onto her.) “ But sweetie, he’s been so well behaved and sweet, we need to show him we appreciate it.” I told her I didn’t like the idea and she continued pouting “ but he’s so loving and trying to change and it’s a nice gesture and great family time”. I told her I had a better idea, I asked him if he wanted me to reserve a hotel room for him and his GF for the weekend”. He was pretty pumped. Next thing I heard was “ Honey, why aren’t you and I going?” I told her that it’d be more fun if it were just him and her. “ But, I wanted to have a spa day and maybe shop and have a quiet dinner”. I( feeling really weird, like I was consoling a teenage girl) told her. “ I’ll tell you what. Saturday morning I’ll bring you breakfast in bed and you can just lay in bed or sit in the hot tub and that can be a spa. I promise you won’t lift a finger all weekend and we can have a romantic dinner at home and you can shop” I got an eye roll and a “ Fine”. About a half hour later, she is in his room asking him if he’s sure he doesn’t want us there. She was forced to accept his wishes.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:10 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,282,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
She isn’t being very subtle about her intentions. I told her I didn’t think it was really necessary to reward with him with a trip to Chicago. She got kinda pouty about it( probably didn’t realize I was onto her.) “ But sweetie, he’s been so well behaved and sweet, we need to show him we appreciate it.” I told her I didn’t like the idea and she continued pouting “ but he’s so loving and trying to change and it’s a nice gesture and great family time”. I told her I had a better idea, I asked him if he wanted me to reserve a hotel room for him and his GF for the weekend”. He was pretty pumped. Next thing I heard was “ Honey, why aren’t you and I going?” I told her that it’d be more fun if it were just him and her. “ But, I wanted to have a spa day and maybe shop and have a quiet dinner”. I( feeling really weird, like I was consoling a teenage girl) told her. “ I’ll tell you what. Saturday morning I’ll bring you breakfast in bed and you can just lay in bed or sit in the hot tub and that can be a spa. I promise you won’t lift a finger all weekend and we can have a romantic dinner at home and you can shop” I got an eye roll and a “ Fine”. About a half hour later, she is in his room asking him if he’s sure he doesn’t want us there. She was forced to accept his wishes.

Is there some point you plan on being open and honest about both her manipulation and your recognition of it?

Old 05-30-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Is there some point you plan on being open and honest about both her manipulation and your recognition of it?
Another "I second this"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting