Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,320,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Turn down the thermostat for starters. That alone might do the trick.

But, your original post is a bit confusing. Is she merely going braless at home? I wouldn't have a problem with that.
Yeah, i'm also trying to figure out how she is noticing her daughter is romping around with any underwear is she is dressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,839,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmoss View Post
Hello

Thanks! Well my husband has done something on those lines, but at the moment it doesn't seem to work, she'd just accuse him he's behaving ''like a male''.
So what. Dad should just reply that "he IS a male, and why is she so insistent on displaying herself to him?"

Old 12-09-2012, 02:50 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,158,114 times
Cue Blazah in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

jk

If she can't tell by looking, I'm guessing the OP has noticed because of reduced number of undies going through the laundry.

My mom had to tell me to stop running around the house in a certain nightgown when I was 13. But a 16-yr-old's motivations can be different.

Old 12-09-2012, 03:29 PM

832 posts, read 1,737,046 times
This is your home, it doesn't matter how old she is. As long as she's living there, she should be respectful that no one wants to see her private parts. I'm sure it is making dad and brother uncomfortable. Would she like to see her dad and brother walking around "showing"? I don't think so.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:42 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,791,461 times
I do not understand the OP enough to get a grasp of what she or is not wearing.

Multiple posts talk about showing her "private parts", not sure where that comes from the op, someone want to help me out here?

Is the child running around without panties, a bra, something else?

Old 12-09-2012, 04:47 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,028,499 times
I don't know what OP's daughter is wearing, but it is clear that it is not considered sufficient by OP and her husband, and that is really all we need to know. OP and her husband are the adults, and they make the rules, or should. If they don't consider their daughter's attire appropriate, they need to require her to put on more clothes, not try to persuade her. Period.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM

832 posts, read 1,737,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
I don't know what OP's daughter is wearing, but it is clear that it is not considered sufficient by OP and her husband, and that is really all we need to know. OP and her husband are the adults, and they make the rules, or should. If they don't consider their daughter's attire appropriate, they need to require her to put on more clothes, not try to persuade her. Period.
I think we are making assumptions that they are able to see that she's not wearing underwear. The OP hasn't been back to clarify.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:35 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,566,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmoss View Post
I'm a mother of two children, on 13 and one 16. My 16 year old daughter is spending more time at home that she used to due to her studies. Since the end of summer I've noticed that she's been cutting down on underwear at home. Although she's dressed nicely to go out etc however, at home her clothes have turned skimpy, including in the garden which we share with 1 neighbour. I've brought up the subject a number of times, she just brushes off and now she keeps saying she'll be 17 soon. In all fairness it wouldn't bother me that much if it was just us two, but her dad and brother are there too. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Quick replies are very welcome, this is the only day my daughter and me are alone for few hours!
Thanks again
I suppose I am old school. My wife and I very clearly let our kids know that she and I set the standards at home. We would listen to them but at times there was a point where they had to realize we are the parents and they were the minors and the decision was ours. If one of our daughters did that, we would talk to her and if she wanted to keep doing so, at that moment she would be told that it is not her choice how she dresses at home, end of subject. To me many parents today are abdicating their roles as parents and want to run a home like a democracy, not with us. We were the parents, not their friends who they could talk to as such high school classmates. That is why in my opinion parents have such hard time today keeping their kids in line with all these touchy feely approaches. Saying "no" worked just fine and they did not become mentally depressed as we see so many today. Take care.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,842,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I do not understand the OP enough to get a grasp of what she or is not wearing.

Multiple posts talk about showing her "private parts", not sure where that comes from the op, someone want to help me out here?

Is the child running around without panties, a bra, something else?
The OP: "cutting down on underwear". That would pretty much mean panties or bra or both. And in a way that must be obvious to others.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,989,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Cue Blazah in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

jk

If she can't tell by looking, I'm guessing the OP has noticed because of reduced number of undies going through the laundry.

My mom had to tell me to stop running around the house in a certain nightgown when I was 13. But a 16-yr-old's motivations can be different.
No the computer isn't possessing her to do this so this isn't his expertise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting