Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:38 AM

17,389 posts, read 16,524,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3a's View Post
I would not have a birthday party there or leave my kids not supervised. It is dirty even if they say it is not and security even though it is ok at the door it is not ok to let kids run around without being able to see them when they are young. The place gives you a false sense of security for kids since they scan your hand at the door but what do they do about the bathrooms where there is privacy and both kids and adults go!!!!!
You definitely have to keep an eye on the kids and actually follow them around/take them to the bathroom when they are small. But that's the case with little ones in any crowded situation.

When they get a little older, you still have to keep an eye on them but you can give them a little freedom to run about by themselves/with friends. Mine always knew to come to me if they needed to use the bathroom. They knew they should never go into one by themselves.

You can't do much about the germs. Just make sure that they know to wash their hands before they eat their pizza...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 08:44 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
When my kids were little, they went to a few parties there. It was fairly new then, so I don't remember it being too bad. If what you say is true about it now, I wouldn't be caught dead in one of them.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:48 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,049,118 times
My kids have been invited to quite a few parties at Chuck E Disease. I always have them strip as soon as we get home and I wash their clothes right away in hot water while they shower up big-time. That place just grosses me out. I also bring (yep, I'm one of those moms) the sanitizing wipes and I wipe down our seats and table and everything else I can get away with. Hand sanitizer, too, the industrial strength formula.

Just thinking about that place makes me feel gross. *shivvers*

And what's up with serving alcohol at a place that's mostly used for kids birthday parties? Eh?

Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post

And what's up with serving alcohol at a place that's mostly used for kids birthday parties? Eh?
I've been told that it is to keep the adults from going insane <g>

Old 03-09-2012, 12:25 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Yeah my kids went to several there. I never had one of my own but I don't have a problem with it. My kids got dirty all the time so that didn't even occur to me to worry about it at a Chuck E Cheese. Just wash 'em.

I am not, never have been, never will be one of those moms.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:36 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,384,846 times
This post brings back a funny memory.

Before I had kids, I volunteered at a youth program at my church along with a group of other college students. Every year we'd take the kids to Chuckee Cheese for a special end of the school year celebration.

I used to love seeing how crazy the kids would get. Every time the Chuckee mascot came out they'd scream and go nuts and get re-enerergized. The junk food and noise only seemed to reinforce the hyperactivity. We'd give them candy to get them even more excited.

Everyone stayed safe and we never lost a kid, but they would totally go nuts on the playground, arcade, etc. I remember it being so much fun to watch the kids enjoy themselves. They'd still be riled up on the ride back to the church.

Now that I have kids I live where there's not a Chuckee Cheese to be found in a 200-mile radius. We do have a similar place called Pizza Putt where there's an inside playground, pizza place, mini golf course and laser tag.

We went on occasion when my oldest dds were younger and would get invited to parties there. I can't stand it though b/c of the chaos and b/c it smells like a mix of kids' sweat, stinky kids feet and pizza. I must be getting old.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:27 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,552 times
I would have my daughters birthday there. Not her first one because she would enjoy it much but her 2nd for sure. Thats the norm here though. Ive never heard of any fighting at my Chuck E Cheese.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:18 PM

428 posts, read 487,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
My kids have been invited to quite a few parties at Chuck E Disease. I always have them strip as soon as we get home and I wash their clothes right away in hot water while they shower up big-time. That place just grosses me out. I also bring (yep, I'm one of those moms) the sanitizing wipes and I wipe down our seats and table and everything else I can get away with. Hand sanitizer, too, the industrial strength formula.
LOL, you wouldn't have liked to been my kids the last time we went to Chuck E Cheese's. They played the games and crawled around in the tunnels, then ate pizza. No hand washing. Plus I forgot to tell them to take off their socks and pants when we got home, so just imagine all the little germies in the house.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
I hate Chuck E. Cheese with a passion. Too many obnoxious kids, equally obnoxious parents, crappy food and I don't even want to think about the germs there. Buuuuut.... the kids love it so I am stuck. I just have to try and not think about all the bad aspects while I am there and concentrate on the happy faces of the kiddos. Beer would make is easier but mine does not serve alcohol. Maybe they should.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:50 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times
Granted, my son is only 1, but we wont be going there, nor will we be going to any birthday parties there. I'm not a germaphobe, but that place is a gross cesspool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting