Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 09:04 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,154,931 times

Advertisements

While at the hospital as a patient , i was waiting in the hallway for a chest xray and this woman is letting her son play all around me . It would not have been a problem but I was raging with pneumonia and I simply stated "maam maybe it is not a good idea to have your son play so close to me as I have pneumonia and it is contagious ". then she replied ,"Oh you cant catch pneumonia from people that is only the flu ". Has she ever heard of mrsa ? I cannot believe that this woman she needs to educate herself on what her child could catch by playing on the floor in a hospital . Are some parents really that dumb and stupid these days ? God I fear for that little boy .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 09:11 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,249,186 times
I'm germphobic, and am always thinking about what is on the floor, the chairs, the doorknobs at the doctor's office, not to mention what the people in the waiting area are carrying. It's hard to imaging not being aware of those things.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:18 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,061,892 times
Quote:
Can you believe this stupid woman is a parents ?
Yes, I believe it. There are a LOT of stupid parents. Their kids grow up to be just as dumb as they are. Like rkb, I am always aware of my surroundings and how they can impact my health.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,409,017 times
The other day at Walmart, there was a guy with a toddler (looked about 18mos) in the cart, playing with the only other thing in the cart - a package of raw chicken.....

Old 10-27-2011, 09:24 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,787,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Are some parents really that dumb and stupid these days ?
Unfortunately, ignorant parents have always existed. I would bet that there are more people now who know what pneumonia is and how somebody gets it than there used to be. Information is more accessible.

I wonder if a hospital, with its health codes and industrial-strength disinfectants, would be cleaner than a school or shopping mall. You know those indoor playgrounds that all the little kids play on? Lord only knows what kind of germs are all over those.

My kids' pediatrician told me that whenever he gets sick, it's from some bug his kids brought home from school, not his patients.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:29 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,814,675 times
The thing about hospitals is MRSA. You do NOT want your child to get that. My mother had it. It was painful and difficult to treat. This mother needs some pediatrician to scare the CRAP out of her.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Unfortunately, ignorant parents have always existed. I would bet that there are more people now who know what pneumonia is and how somebody gets it than there used to be. Information is more accessible.

I wonder if a hospital, with its health codes and industrial-strength disinfectants, would be cleaner than a school or shopping mall. You know those indoor playgrounds that all the little kids play on? Lord only knows what kind of germs are all over those.

My kids' pediatrician told me that whenever he gets sick, it's from some bug his kids brought home from school, not his patients.
I wonder that too. Sometimes the dirtiest places are where you'd least expect. I am so thankful for those cart wipes at the grocery store now!

Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,380,580 times
Whenever I read threads like these I always wonder what people say about me. I didn't know pneumonia was catching. No one knows everything.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Whenever I read threads like these I always wonder what people say about me. I didn't know pneumonia was catching. No one knows everything.
I actually googled it, and found both YES and NO answers! Still, I wouldn't let my kid play around sick people.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:42 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,814,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I actually googled it, and found both YES and NO answers! Still, I wouldn't let my kid play around sick people.
I agree. You don't let kids play on the floor of a hospital or get around the patients. You don't know what they have. Some people have absolutely NO common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting