Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,738,699 times

Advertisements

1) If you make a mess, clean it up
2) Do not treat people with disrespect, that includes your tone of voice.
3) Treat others the way you want to be treated
4) Please, Thank you and I'm sorry are the three most important things you can ever say
5) If there is less then 1/4 cup of milk in the carton or 2 TBSP of food left in the dish, do NOT put it in the fridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 01:46 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,497,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
4) Please, Thank you and I'm sorry are the three most important things you can ever say
5) If there is less then 1/4 cup of milk in the carton or 2 TBSP of food left in the dish, do NOT put it in the fridge.

6) If you use the last of the TP, replace the roll.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,184,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
6) If you use the last of the TP, replace the roll.
7) Use your own razor. (Big pet peeve of mine.)

Old 09-09-2011, 02:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,237,514 times
8) There is only one bathroom. Mom makes the rules and she says put the seat down.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:17 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,104,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
8) There is only one bathroom. Mom makes the rules and she says put the seat down.
. . . because Mom can't figure out how to put it down herself? It's a pretty simple contraption, with only one moving part, Mom should be able to master it, same as anyone else. Or else, here's my rule for Mom: Leave the seat up for me, if you don't want me to pee on it, because I'm sick and tired of having to put it down all the time.

One rule I had in my house, and it made the house wonderfully peaceful and quiet. No talking to anyone who is not in the same room. If you have something to say, get up and go to the room they are in. Exceptions only in case of emergency, like "Bring me a roll of toilet paper". Also, it is wonderful exercise to run up the stairs to say "Supper is ready" or "The phone call is for you".

Old 09-09-2011, 02:20 PM

18,487 posts, read 31,694,560 times
I never understood what the big deal was of the toilet seat being up. They were made to go up and down as necessary.
i just think this is a silly thing to get peeved about.
Want it up, put it up. Want it down, put it down, want the cover down, cover it....just so silly.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,237,514 times
Wow. Two posters tell me off within three minutes of each other.

It's a new personal record!

I rock!!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:52 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,855,915 times
Scenario: Middle of the night and someone is sleepily trying to go to the bathroom without waking up to much so that they can go back to sleep somewhat easily.

1. Someone leaves the toilet seat down and forgets to lift it. Get some sprinkles on the seat that need to be wiped off. The person still sleepily goes back to bed without a big ordeal

or

2. Someone forgets to put the toilet seat down. Person falls in are now covered in toilet water, it is all over the floor and PJs. Now they need to clean the floor, take a shower, put on fresh PJs and then try to go back to sleep.

Which is better? and I don't mean for the laugh factor.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:37 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,104,813 times
My toliet seat broke about 5 years ago, and I had to do without one for a day. I like it better with no seat at all, and I never replaced it. When I subsequently moved to a place with a working toilet seat, I never put it down. Just sit on the porcelain.

I've tried to imagine an adult "falling in", and just can't even picture it. Somebody send me a YouTube.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:57 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,184,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
. . . because Mom can't figure out how to put it down herself? It's a pretty simple contraption, with only one moving part,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I never understood what the big deal was of the toilet seat being up. They were made to go up and down as necessary.
i just think this is a silly thing to get peeved about.
Want it up, put it up. Want it down, put it down, want the cover down, cover it....just so silly.
Typical men! Clearly you guys have never fallen into the toilet late at night in the dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Wow. Two posters tell me off within three minutes of each other.

It's a new personal record!

I rock!!
You do rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
My toliet seat broke about 5 years ago, and I had to do without one for a day. I like it better with no seat at all, and I never replaced it. When I subsequently moved to a place with a working toilet seat, I never put it down. Just sit on the porcelain.
That's just gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting