Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,587,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Also works well when referring to a colonoscopy....

Old 04-07-2011, 09:54 AM

13,591 posts, read 10,004,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I tell you the afternoon you would have enjoyed: The day Keanu Reeves got his star on the Walk of Fame. A group of us ladies went down to cheer him on. I'm not exactly sure what all we got into but it involved ice cream and Grand Marinier and one of the girls called her son to drive us home. (I seem to remember looking at tattoo designs that afternoon.)
DewD, I love Keanu. I had the biggest crush on him. Did you see any nice tatts for your toddler? Perhaps a Mickey, or Donald?

Hey all - dd is four next week and I've been thinking about presents. We love making popcorn with our popcorn maker and it's so much better that whatever carp they put in those microwave ones - so I thought maybe an ice cream machine would be fun. We can make ice cream and not eat all the chemicals they put in that stuff these days either.

Has anybody ever tried it? Is it a huge PITA? (That's PITA, Dew ).

Old 04-07-2011, 09:57 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,499,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
DewD, I love Keanu. I had the biggest crush on him. Did you see any nice tatts for your toddler? Perhaps a Mickey, or Donald?

Hey all - dd is four next week and I've been thinking about presents. We love making popcorn with our popcorn maker and it's so much better that whatever carp they put in those microwave ones - so I thought maybe an ice cream machine would be fun. We can make ice cream and not eat all the chemicals they put in that stuff these days either.

Oooh! We have an ice cream maker...it gets dusted off once every couple of years. It is a big PITA IMO....and when you start figuring out how expensive it is to make....yikes. BUT.....it is yummy and fun to create your own flavors....and no chemicals is always a big plus.

ETA - PITA is subjective....ours is an old ice cream maker we got as a wedding gift...it's very loud and it occasionally gets stuck so you kind of have to watch the ice/salt all the time.....

Old 04-07-2011, 10:00 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
PITA, PETA, POTTY, That's how I keep editors employed. Just doing my part for a stronger economy.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Oooh! We have an ice cream maker...it gets dusted off once every couple of years. It is a big PITA IMO....and when you start figuring out how expensive it is to make....yikes. BUT.....it is yummy and fun to create your own flavors....and no chemicals is always a big plus.

ETA - PITA is subjective....ours is an old ice cream maker we got as a wedding gift...it's very loud and it occasionally gets stuck so you kind of have to watch the ice/salt all the time.....
Hmmm... ok I was wondering if it's more effort than it's worth. I'll do a little research and see what you can buy in this age of wonders. I'm completely clueless. But we do have a produce store nearby where you can get tons of berries and other assorted goodies for cheapy cheap. It would be fab to use some of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
PITA, PETA, POTTY, That's how I keep editors employed. Just doing my part for a stronger economy.
Hehe.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
But we do have a produce store nearby where you can get tons of berries and other assorted goodies for cheapy cheap. It would be fab to use some of it.
Do you know how to can? Nothing says "birthday fun" like putting up three dozen jars of blueberry jam.

We never had an ice cream maker but we had a snow cone machine. We put fruit in the blender to pour over the top. (Had a crank one when I was a kid. Horrible. Electric is so much easier.)

Old 04-07-2011, 11:20 AM

LM - I can't rep you anymore but kudos to your awesome Caddyshack ref. I put my own in as an homage.

Dew - sno cone machine - great idea also. I'll look into that. Sounds like fun!

Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,808,874 times
Quote:
LM - I can't rep you anymore but kudos to your awesome Caddyshack ref. I put my own in as an homage.

Dew - sno cone machine - great idea also. I'll look into that. Sounds like fun!
I tried to rep you too. My life would be nothing without Caddyshack and Stripes to quote

Also, the Snoopy Sno Cone machine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love!!

Old 04-07-2011, 11:51 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,184,498 times
Wow! Finster did to Smedskjaer! It felt good, didn't it?

Old 04-07-2011, 11:57 AM

The ladies are cooking today!!

Garage door news. I was just walking back from the mailbox and there were two guys working on a neighbor's door. So I asked the head honcho if he could come look at mine. They came over and head honcho guy looked at the electric eyes and fiddled with them and underling guy pushed the button and the door now goes up and down! Woo hoo!

Talked a little turkey (Mexicanos so I used my L.A. Espanol and my Tiajuana bartering skills) and they gave me a good price on installing a new door. They even said they'd move the boxes that need to be moved. So now the ball is in DH's court and he can decide if he wants to use them! I am feeling pretty victorious! Plus I looked them up and they are licensed and have an A+ rating with the BBB. (Which is about all you have to go on in this state.) Nice job, Dew. (Pats self on back.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.