Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 02:45 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,467,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

On that note, I think I'll go pick up the mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Me too.
I'm right behind you. I have to leave for class anyway.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:48 PM

6,190 posts, read 8,003,048 times
OMG the customer service girl im talking to does the whole upper inflection in her words like brians girl friend from family guy....IM TRYING SO HARD NOT LAUGH! She sounds just like her. And if you don't know what I am taking about please youtube it, you'll see why I am snickering...

Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 PM

13,726 posts, read 10,102,382 times
Anyway, so the other night I made Caprese salad, but with lemon juice and olive oil instead of balsamic and cilantro instead of basil. It was delicious! I'm thinking I might make it tonight, too....

Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,375,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Anyway, so the other night I made Caprese salad, but with lemon juice and olive oil instead of balsamic and cilantro instead of basil. It was delicious! I'm thinking I might make it tonight, too....
Sounds yummy. I'm seriously thinking a cheese omlet. DH is in L.A. That's my go-to when it's just me. Maybe a tossed salad.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:05 PM

4,563 posts, read 10,986,073 times
Quote:
That does sound good. Would never have thought of that. I love anything lemon.

We're doing sloppy joes tonight.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:08 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,544,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
The one thing we have really, really tried to instill in our son, is to respect others beliefs, not matter what yours are.

Anywho...my background is odd to say the least as I have a degree in Theology.
We are practicing Catholics but that is probably one of the most vital things we want for our children. "We" have chosen to practice a particular faith...by no means does it mean we are right, better, superior, or so on. I don't care for being labeled & stereotyped as sometimes I am, but it goes w/ any choice a person makes. I have my issues w/ the Catholic church & never expect my children to accept it blindly.

I wanted to major in Comparative Studies (that was how it was offered at my college) & minor in German. I was obsessed for quite some time how the Vatican knew what Hitler was doing but did not get involved due to politics. There is rumored to be much info in the vatican that is written in Latin & German detailing many things but will never be made privy to the public.

Oven baked french toast & strawberries here tonight.

#3 has figured out how to pull himself up on absolutely anything that can seriously hurt him. He is 8 months. I expect him to be walking next month. #1 walked at 9 months. My life has suddenly become very crazy as I cannot leave him for more than a few seconds. He has figured out that drawers & cabinets pinch fingers but continues his quest to figure out how everything works!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:11 PM

13,726 posts, read 10,102,382 times
Dew... mmmm cheese omelet. That's an art, right there.

Coop - it's really good. The lemon makes it really bright tasting, very light. You wouldn't think it would go with mozzarella, but it does.

Of course I totally smother mine in salt and pepper, but that wouldn't fly at Dew's house. I'd have to bring a baggie of the white stuff with me when I came for dinner.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:17 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,114,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
We are practicing Catholics but that is probably one of the most vital things we want for our children. "We" have chosen to practice a particular faith...by no means does it mean we are right, better, superior, or so on. I don't care for being labeled & stereotyped as sometimes I am, but it goes w/ any choice a person makes. I have my issues w/ the Catholic church & never expect my children to accept it blindly.

I wanted to major in Comparative Studies (that was how it was offered at my college) & minor in German. I was obsessed for quite some time how the Vatican knew what Hitler was doing but did not get involved due to politics. There is rumored to be much info in the vatican that is written in Latin & German detailing many things but will never be made privy to the public.
It would make a lot of sense. Latin is the official language of the Church, and German was also a valuable language at that time period. The current pope is of the German language, and German is also an important language when it comes to Christianity. A lot of documents in many Christian denominations are in German.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,375,914 times
Quote:
I'd have to bring a baggie of the white stuff with me when I came for dinner.
You're going to bring a bag of dandruff?

Wait. Oh. The other white stuff. How very California of you. Who's going to post bail for us?

Old 03-22-2011, 05:22 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,114,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

On that note, I think I'll go pick up the mail.
Seriously, some people are just ignorant. Now, don't anyone (you know who I'm talking to) get mad. Ignorance is not being stupid. It is merely being uninformed on a topic.

We don't have to pick up our mail. It is delivered right into our living room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.