Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 08:14 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,306,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
You all have the concept of luxury down much better than me!
It was all those drives through Beverly Hills looking at the stars' homes when I was growing up.

Does something to your brain.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:19 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,545,315 times
Well...as we're all dreaming of luxury and right as Dew was posting about giving....I received a phonecall from a close friend about possibly getting together in response to a request to make and donate small pillows or some other token of appreciation to a veteran's hospital....Long story but my dear friend is a former Marine (woman Marine - "the fewer the prouder") and she rallies us from time to time to provide support in this way. It is humbling to be able to provide even the smallest token to these brave folks.

Last edited by maciesmom; 03-21-2011 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 03-21-2011, 08:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,306,265 times
MM you just made me smile!

I know they'll appreciate it. A VA hospital can be a lonely place. Especially for the men and women in there long term.

Well, night everybody. It was fun being rich for a few minutes.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,339,731 times
Oh, I love thinking of what I would do if we won the lottery!

It's how I fall asleep! Instead of counting sheep, I imagine what it would be like and go through all sorts of scenarios.

It works like magic. I fall asleep rather quickly because I'm not worrying about real life!

I imagine my family traveling the world. I imagine all of the houses I would buy all over the world. I imagine decorating them too!

I imagine a staff, like cooks and housekeepers, etc.

But I also imagine having a personal assistant so someone can handle the mundane task of making our travel arrangements, dealing with contractors during the renovations of the houses I buy, etc.

I imagine helping others, what I would do for each individual family member on both sides of the family. And also helping strangers.

I could go on and on.

If you can't fall asleep, try it sometime!

Old 03-21-2011, 09:57 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,104,537 times
Quote:
Orville Redenbacher is the only popcorn I buy. Truly. I won't eat microwave popcorn. I love popcorn but if I'm going to bite the bullet and eat it (not often), it must be OR, popped in oil, with real butter on it.

So....on another thread I asked this same question...I'll pose it to you all....If you won the lottery...how would your day to day life change (if at all)....?
I'd move out of the barrio. As much as I love this house and street, I really don't want to raise our kids here. The schools are horrible, and there are way too many gangs.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:57 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,437,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Come on over. I've got some Orville Redenbacher I've been saving for a special occasion.
teehee...and it just came right up... but hold on, the just pulled up

Old 03-21-2011, 09:59 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,437,454 times
Quote:
Well...as we're all dreaming of luxury and right as Dew was posting about giving....I received a phonecall from a close friend about possibly getting together in response to a request to make and donate small pillows or some other token of appreciation to a veteran's hospital....Long story but my dear friend is a former Marine (woman Marine - "the fewer the prouder") and she rallies us from time to time to provide support in this way. It is humbling to be able to provide even the smallest token to these brave folks.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! And thank you!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:46 AM

12,979 posts, read 14,607,422 times
Good Morning all! So it would seem a mouse has decided to make a home in my dashboard! I guess it didn't get the memo that we are a one pet home, and the position is currently filled. That would make today official mousehunt day. We have so many critters where we live, and apparently this is very common.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:53 AM

13,658 posts, read 10,060,088 times
NEOhio - can I borrow that wambulance? I need to wah for a minute. I have been feeling like complete carp for a few days - headaches, general malaise, that kind of thing. Blah. I'm wondering if it's the change of seasons, or if The Paws is starting to get me. I just feel like poo. Oh well, life wasn't meant to be easy.

Zim - would you like to borrow one of my cats? They're very good mousers. Actually, the two boys who I let out to play in the garden keep bringing baby snakes home for dinner. They deposit them neatly on the porch by the front door. I think they think we like snake stew or something. Snake kabobs. I don't know. At least they're contributing to the family while they're living under our roof, and not attending college.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:06 AM

12,979 posts, read 14,607,422 times
Finster - wah away. Maybe allergies, pollen is in the air? I am pausing-my-meno, so understand The Paws question, but you failed to mention psychotic mood swings and other irrational behaviour which I will confess to at times lately.

Hmm, a cat may well solve the mouse problem. Our resident canine is so useless with the wildlife. To earn her keep it would be very useful if she took even the slightest interest in rodents or snakes, both of which we have an overabundance of, but her last snake encounter consisted of her standing cluelessly smiling at me, wagging her tail while a 5 foot black snake slithered between her feet. She does like to chase cats though, which is ironic under the circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting