Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 07:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It's official. I've decided that we're going on vacation the day after my last final exactly two weeks from now.

Where to go?
What is it that you want? The beach, shows, family-friendly, male-strippers?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:13 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What is it that you want? The beach, shows, family-friendly, male-strippers?
Male strippers!

Teen friendly. We'll be taking lots of young adults with us.

I'm equally torn between the beach or a city.

We're definitely going to NYC again this year, but I think I want to wait until June or July for that trip.

I'm leaning towards the beach because I have no idea what other city might interest young adults who are too young to drink.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Quiche and salad for dinner, and a little impromptu discussion about IVF with the kids thanks to an episode of The Suite Life on Deck!
yikes! my kids watch that. How did that subject come up?

I heard about the mall evacuation. Not too far from home, and really near Columbine HS.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times
Quote:
What am I going to do?

My son is still depressed. It's his birthday this weekend. He was planning to go away camping with friends.

Now he's saying that he doesn't feel like going because he doesn't feel like he would have fun.

I suggested we hop in the car and go to Nashville for the weekend. I've never been there.

I think it would be great diversion for him. Plus I'd love to see Nashville. He's not embracing the idea.
*falls over*
I'm going to Nashville, I have to wait to leave after Monday the 25th because I have some finances to get in order and I need to pick up more BC on Monday and then I am free to leave out.
Its just me and one long ass drive.

Quote:
It's official. I've decided that we're going on vacation the day after my last final exactly two weeks from now.

Where to go?
NASHVILLE NASHVILLE NASHVILLE
I can play tour guide!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 PM

Why are you heading to Nashville, txt? Is that were your grandmother lives?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:24 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
yikes! my kids watch that. How did that subject come up?
I was sitting in the room when the kids were watching, but wasn't concentrating on the show so didn't hear it for myself, but DD8 said the mom in the show had said the daughter was hers but not the dad's because "he had no sperm in his nuts". IVF is a complicated concept to explain to little people I discovered. We kept it brief.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Why are you heading to Nashville, txt? Is that were your grandmother lives?
Yep she lives like north east of Nashville.
I need to get out of this hellhole and away for a bit. I won't be able to leave until sometime next week though. I have to return the laptop charger and use the money to pay my car insurance (my mom's british friend got me a charger) and then sell my old blackberry to pay my cell phone bill. I pay those this month and I am bill free till June.

I got my tax refund check back today. $300 BALLIN!!!!

I am out of here to embark on a xcountry road trip, just me and the road, away from EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

I've been wanting to run away and now its a possibility.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
I was sitting in the room when the kids were watching, but wasn't concentrating on the show so didn't hear it for myself, but DD8 said the mom in the show had said the daughter was hers but not the dad's because "he had no sperm in his nuts". IVF is a complicated concept to explain to little people I discovered. We kept it brief.
Zim! Are you saying that on Suite Life on Deck they actually used the phrase "no sperm in his nuts"?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Yep she lives like north east of Nashville.
I need to get out of this hellhole and away for a bit. I won't be able to leave until sometime next week though. I have to return the laptop charger and use the money to pay my car insurance (my mom's british friend got me a charger) and then sell my old blackberry to pay my cell phone bill. I pay those this month and I am bill free till June.

I got my tax refund check back today. $300 BALLIN!!!!

I am out of here to embark on a xcountry road trip, just me and the road, away from EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

I've been wanting to run away and now its a possibility.
Sounds like a safe place for running away. I can only hope a change of scenery will improve your outlook on life. Are you planning to look for work when you get there?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a safe place for running away. I can only hope a change of scenery will improve your outlook on life. Are you planning to look for work when you get there?
I don't think I will be staying there THAT long. I think I'll be gone maybe 2 weeks, idk, maybe a month, who knows, probably two weeks or whenever I get home sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.