Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:09 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,095,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
So you're going to eat there but not do any dishes?

Why starve the animals?

So I take it you didnt read the post correctly
I said I will clean up the mess I made while cooking?
The girls are 13 and 17 the animal belong to them
they are old enough to feed their own animals.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I think it's a little unreasonable to expect the girls to do your dishes. My mother always did the dishes. She had a system, and a specific way she liked them done and preferred to do them herself.

I just think this whole post comes off as juvenile and harsh. Are you trying to be an "evil stepmother"?

ok just like I told Cindy I will tell you, you didn't read the post correctly
I said I will clean my mess I made cooking
No where in my post did I say I will make the girls clean my dishes.
I think your lack of reading correctly is immature,
If your mother always did the dishes who cares,
if you didnt learn how to clean up after yourself who cares

Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM

71 posts, read 155,631 times
great set of rules if dad comes home to 2 pregnant teens guess who will be blamed for it?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:22 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,699,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
So I take it you didnt read the post correctly
I said I will clean up the mess I made while cooking?
The girls are 13 and 17 the animal belong to them
they are old enough to feed their own animals.
Um, I did read your post. You said:
Quote:
I wont wash dishes or clean house,
So after meals, are you going to have the kids sort the dishes into stacks they clean while you only clean your own? What about shared meals/dishes?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:22 PM

16,556 posts, read 19,734,014 times
I think it is odd, too. You should be helping not hindering. You can't pick the girls up because "gas is expensive". God forbid you help the family out.
Might cost you a whole $6.00 to pick them up?

I think the "dealing with mom rules" are odd, but the rest are fine....

Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Why not just use the rules Dad has in place??????

Very good idea..and thats what I did...these are the rules dad has for them too, the only thing I added was I'm not going to take them or pick them up from moms house, mom has a car. Other than that no rules change when dads gone,
I dont get is some posters are acting like the girls are 3 and 7 when in fact they are 13 and 17.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Um, I did read your post. You said:

So after meals, are you going to have the kids sort the dishes into stacks they clean while you only clean your own? What about shared meals/dishes?

They have a dish washer, they are capable of putting them in the dishwasher and if I can make dinner for them than they can put the dishes we ate on into the dishwasher
So you never washed dinner dishes when you were at home?
Probably not??

Moderator cut: Enough with the personal attacks.

Last edited by JustJulia; 03-04-2011 at 01:11 PM..

Old 03-04-2011, 12:32 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,811,264 times
On the dishes thing: when we were living at home, my sister and I were responsible for the *family* dishes. Not just our own. We'd take turns - some nights she'd wash and I'd dry/put away, some nights I'd wash and she'd put away. We didn't have a dishwasher til we were both adults. Until then, she and I -were- the dishwasher. We weren't allowed to watch TV til the dishes were done. All of them. The pots, pans, mom's dishes, dad's dishes, the serving platters, etc. etc. etc. Mom cooked, we cleaned. That was the deal. Live with it, or don't eat.

So I think that rule is perfectly reasonable.

As for the mom picking the kids up and bringing them home, that also sounds reasonable. If the mom wants to see her kids, she knows where the house is. And if the mom wants her kids to return to the home they are assigned to live in, then she knows where the house is. The OP isn't a chauffeur service for her boyfriend's ex-wife's children. The fact that the 17-year-old has access to a car and is allowed to drive it punctuates that very clearly.

The OP is *not* the kids' mom. It sounds like she doesn't even live in this home, that she is doing a *favor* for her boyfriend, and their kids, by "being" the adult in the house. She is not asking to get paid for this, she isn't a Nanny, the kids don't require constant supervision like younger kids do. Mostly they just need someone to "be there."

As for the pets, damned straight she shouldn't have to feed them. However, if the kids don't feed them, she should do it anyway, and make sure the dad knows that the kids neglected their responsibilities to their pets while he was away.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I think it is odd, too. You should be helping not hindering. You can't pick the girls up because "gas is expensive". God forbid you help the family out.
Might cost you a whole $6.00 to pick them up?

I think the "dealing with mom rules" are odd, but the rest are fine....

yes and thats how much it will cost mom to pick them up? $6 and if read I said mom has her own car?
I pay my own bills, I do work an hour away so yes gas is scarce??
Im not dealing with mom and I find it alarming how the girls want to be with me instead of mom while dad is away.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
On the dishes thing: when we were living at home, my sister and I were responsible for the *family* dishes. Not just our own. We'd take turns - some nights she'd wash and I'd dry/put away, some nights I'd wash and she'd put away. We didn't have a dishwasher til we were both adults. Until then, she and I -were- the dishwasher. We weren't allowed to watch TV til the dishes were done. All of them. The pots, pans, mom's dishes, dad's dishes, the serving platters, etc. etc. etc. Mom cooked, we cleaned. That was the deal. Live with it, or don't eat.

So I think that rule is perfectly reasonable.

As for the mom picking the kids up and bringing them home, that also sounds reasonable. If the mom wants to see her kids, she knows where the house is. And if the mom wants her kids to return to the home they are assigned to live in, then she knows where the house is. The OP isn't a chauffeur service for her boyfriend's ex-wife's children. The fact that the 17-year-old has access to a car and is allowed to drive it punctuates that very clearly.

The OP is *not* the kids' mom. It sounds like she doesn't even live in this home, that she is doing a *favor* for her boyfriend, and their kids, by "being" the adult in the house. She is not asking to get paid for this, she isn't a Nanny, the kids don't require constant supervision like younger kids do. Mostly they just need someone to "be there."

As for the pets, damned straight she shouldn't have to feed them. However, if the kids don't feed them, she should do it anyway, and make sure the dad knows that the kids neglected their responsibilities to their pets while he was away.

Thank you..you are the only one who read the post correctly, they do want someone here for them, and yes it is a favor to my boyfriend and his daughters..I really do like the girls, ..I enjoy cooking so he knows I will cook for them..I remember my mom cooking and making a big mess when she did and she would make us clean it up, I hate that, so I do clean while I cook. I dont want the oldest one to be stranded somewhere because she ran out of gas, or the youngest one walking home by herself if she goes visits her friend, I'd rather pick her up so I know she is safe.
Most posters think the girls are 3 and 7 and failed to read the post correctly
Thank you for reading it correctly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.