Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:35 PM

144 posts, read 308,009 times

Advertisements

Do any of your grandparents kids even call a couple times a week just to check in and see how they are doing? If not, that is sad they cant even do that much.

You know as far as your mom goes, what comes around goes around. Maybe when her time comes for someone to look after her, she will get a taste of her own medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 07:18 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,694,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggy491 View Post
Do any of your grandparents kids even call a couple times a week just to check in and see how they are doing? If not, that is sad they cant even do that much.

You know as far as your mom goes, what comes around goes around. Maybe when her time comes for someone to look after her, she will get a taste of her own medicine.
their oldest they dont talk to (i dont know why... papa wouldnt tell me and grandma didnt know what i was talking about )

their youngest daughter... i know she calls but i dont know how frequently. i dont think its terribly often. maybe a couple of times a month????

my mom moved to the same town as her sister. when she lived here, she called pretty often, and went up there pretty often, but now- i dont think she calls much, maybe once a week- if that.

All i know is theres no way in hades im moving out to CO (were in NC) to help my mom (shes only in her 50's now). maybe her sister will care for her. i dunno.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:06 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,509,212 times
No, not always. At some point, you need to realize that your main responsibility is for your children, not for your Grandparents. When taking care of them, means that you are not taking appropriate care of yourself, your husband, or your children, that is when it is time to look at other options for your Grandparents. After all, it is your choice now to take care of them, fine, if that is what you want to do, but don't judge others for their choices. There may be things going on with them, that you have no clue about.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,694,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No, not always. At some point, you need to realize that your main responsibility is for your children, not for your Grandparents. When taking care of them, means that you are not taking appropriate care of yourself, your husband, or your children, that is when it is time to look at other options for your Grandparents. After all, it is your choice now to take care of them, fine, if that is what you want to do, but don't judge others for their choices. There may be things going on with them, that you have no clue about.
we all have our opinions. thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting