Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 03:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,355,424 times

Advertisements

Eight is a little young for a tattoo. Like about 10 years too young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 03:05 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,891,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Eight is a little young for a tattoo. Like about 10 years too young.

Well i agree about it being too young, And to be honest for liability i'm not sure any place would do it anyway.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,919,037 times
If it was someone underage and there were actual age laws for inks in the state, I'd press charges against whoever performed the work. And then I'd remind my daughter "they don't call it a tramp stamp for no reason" and pray that I did a good enough job raising her that she never actually feels the need to live up to the term.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
No possibility. Our kids ae all terrified of needles. When they were younger, we had to drag them screaming and crying into the doctor office for their annual shots. They woudl not want a tat anyway. They are much more conservative than I am.

I would have to agree with you on that one as i hate them as well.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
If it was someone underage and there were actual age laws for inks in the state, I'd press charges against whoever performed the work. And then I'd remind my daughter "they don't call it a tramp stamp for no reason" and pray that I did a good enough job raising her that she never actually feels the need to live up to the term.
I think most states there are aren't there?

Old 12-09-2010, 03:15 PM

345 posts, read 476,314 times

What the hell is wrong with people that this becomes a good marketing idea?

Old 12-09-2010, 03:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,355,424 times
I have pretty liberal tattoo-values. A lot of the men in my family have them to reflect their military service. As long as they're done at a reputable place. And they're well done. And you can cover them up with clothes in case you ever want "that job". And you don't go over-board. The "tramp stamp" idea wouldn't be one of my favorites. I have seen some very cool tattoos.

(If my football team had won the SuperBowl a couple of years ago several of us were going to get one to celebrate. I was 2 minutes and 37 seconds away from having a Cardinal on my arm.)

Old 12-09-2010, 03:23 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,509,212 times
My daughter went on and on about a tattoo. She just did it, because teens like to make a controversy. She knew it would push her Dad's buttons...finally, I was tired of the constant moaning, "EVERYONE has a TATTOO, but ME"...so I told her to get in the car, let's go get one. She told me she could not, because she was too young, I told her I found a shop that would forget the age limit, she told me her Dad would be mad, I was like, "so...he can deal with it"...Let's go...Hmmm, all of the SUDDEN...she had to do some homework that very minute....and she was not sure about the exact picture she wanted....and she needed to consult with her friends....and....all of the sudden...it was not fun anymore...too funny...she still does not have one, but I told her anytime, just let me know, let's go...same thing with the belly piercing, and the ear piercing in the cartlidge...strange, she has not really complained to me about anything lately....hmmm...

As for the daughter in the OP, well...deal with it...kids do stuff...

My DD also dyed her beautiful, long, red curly hair, pitch black. I just about cried. So, I took her to the salon, to fix it...and they told her they could not do anything about it. And she started crying. So, I did not say a word about her hideous hair for six months. And still say nothing about that incident. Some times, the less said, the better...

Old 12-09-2010, 03:24 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,080,013 times
I know a mother-daughter combination with tattoos. The wife successfully hid hers from her husband for
almost 2 years. The daughter still covers up her ankle tattoo whenever she is home from college and her father has no idea it exists.

In this case, it's because they are Jewish. I didn't know you can't be buried in a Jewish cemetery if you have a tattoo, but that's why the husband/father was so opposed.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:24 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,767,007 times
How old are we talking? I have no tattoos, but I don't have a huge problem with them or anything. If my daughter were 18, then she can do what she likes with her body, but I'd hope that she chose a tattoo and location that would not impact her professionally. If under 18, meaning she went through the trouble of obtaining a fake ID, and she's telling me to "deal with it," then I think we have bigger fish to fry than whether she got inked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting