Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:32 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,749,141 times

Advertisements

My dd doesn't like sandwiches at all so I have no idea what to pack when she starts school next month. She is going to a small charter school that has no cafeteria so I must pack something. Any ideas? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 12:33 PM

970 posts, read 2,212,487 times
I think it would be easier to give ideas if you gave us an indication of what she does like.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:52 PM

831 posts, read 1,582,220 times
pasta salad
bagel with cream cheese and friut
homemade muffins
homemade granola
leftover pizza
fruit/veggies and dip
Chicken quesadilla
english muffin with peanut butter
freeze a homemade smoothie and by lunch time it should still be a little slushy
make your own lunchables
graham cracker sandwich with cream cheese and peanut butter
soup and crackers
raviolli

I have a big list of lunch ideas somewhere???? If I can find it I will post it for you.

If she is little and in K it won't take much to fill her up. A piece of fruit, a veggie and a little something else can go a long way.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,224,171 times
well, do you know what time that she eats lunch? There are smaller thermos that can keep a soup hot for several hours. Salads, grapes, peanut butter on celery, wraps.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
I pack my lunch every day (i'm an adult) .... I dont like sandwiches, so I usually bring a small tupperwear of leftovers, a fruit cup (peaches), granola bar, string cheese (or baby bel).

Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 PM

526 posts, read 1,002,798 times
I would pack her whatever she normally eats for lunch. There is a way to make just about anything portable.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:03 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,749,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
I think it would be easier to give ideas if you gave us an indication of what she does like.
Good point. She likes rice, macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, which are hot foods. She likes fruits but no veggies. She'll eat pizza but prefers not to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ123 View Post
bagel with cream cheese and friut
This is what I have been packing for summer camp but I think she is getting tired of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ123 View Post
homemade muffins
homemade granola
leftover pizza
fruit/veggies and dip
Chicken quesadilla
english muffin with peanut butter
freeze a homemade smoothie and by lunch time it should still be a little slushy
make your own lunchables
graham cracker sandwich with cream cheese and peanut butter
soup and crackers
raviolli

I have a big list of lunch ideas somewhere???? If I can find it I will post it for you.

If she is little and in K it won't take much to fill her up. A piece of fruit, a veggie and a little something else can go a long way.
She doesn't eat sandwiches because she doesn't like sandwich meat or peanut butter.
Muffins she'll eat but I was wondering about something that wasn't sweet.

Are cold ravioli tasty? I myself do not like cold pasta so that is why I never thought of packing it.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:06 PM

526 posts, read 1,002,798 times
They have wide short thermoses perect for ravioli, mac and cheese or chicken nuggets. It keeps the food warm so no need for cold ravioli. You can find them at any big chain like Target or Walmart.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,577 times
Get a thermos and put soup in it, if she likes soup. It also keeps food such as pasta and chicken nuggets warm, too. My ds doesn't like sandwiches either so usually I pack him leftover dinner from the night before. The leftovers, a piece of fruit, a juice box, crackers or string cheese and a small treat (such as a cookie) fills him up. Freezer packs come are good for keeping things cold.

I recommend you don't buy those pre-packaged lunches (Lunchables, etc.) from the grocery store. They really have no nutritional value and they're pretty expensive for what you get.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:17 PM

812 posts, read 1,906,980 times
Myy kids will eat hummus and pita chips, olives
DD won't eat sandwiches either but she eats all the parts of the sandwiches. Can you do meat/cheese roll ups? If you can get her to eat some fruit, carb, dairy/protein you should be fine. Will she eat nuts? Would she eat tuna or chicken salad on crackers?

I actually prefer eating finger foods and bits of things rather than filling up with a sandwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting